D616 and another tire?

I just put the Q2's on Curious to see how many miles I get out of them. I had the D221 and got a little over 7000 mi out of them when the rear started showing cords. I thought they were a ok tire they seemed to work well in the wet.

So the shop I am on the phone with the guy seems very pissed about me getting the tires on my own and bringing the rims there to just have them swapped and balanced.

I also asked him for quotes if he gets me the tires but hes being a douche bag.

Going to have to make another call tomorrow to someone else.

Also looking at the BT 016's now as well...? Is that good for mileage? More or less than the PP1s?

Last edited:
So the shop I am on the phone with the guy seems very pissed about me getting the tires on my own and bringing the rims there to just have them swapped and balanced.

I also asked him for quotes if he gets me the tires but hes being a douche bag.

Going to have to make another call tomorrow to someone else.

Also looking at the BT 016's now as well...? Is that good for mileage? More or less than the PP1s?

Yea, some shops don't want to bother mounting/balancing tires unles you're buying from them. As far as I'm concerned they are still making money, but go figure...

The BT-016's are a great tire for the money, but don't expect more than 4-5k miles out of that rear tire, just ask Billy. I'm telling you for the type of riding and mileage that you're going to be doing this upcoming Summer the PR3's are the way to go ;)

I keep forgetting about that as I look becuase I have not seen them listed yet lol.

I will be looking around for the next month or so, as I don't plan on getting tires until I really start riding the bike again.

The Ninja I just got NEEDS tires though before it even hits the road. lol

I keep forgetting about that as I look becuase I have not seen them listed yet lol.

I will be looking around for the next month or so, as I don't plan on getting tires until I really start riding the bike again.

The Ninja I just got NEEDS tires though before it even hits the road. lol

I think some BT-023's would be the ticket for that Ninja (provided they make them in the size that you need). Nice affordable tires with enough grip and mileage ;)

They dont...

:(

I am going with the Avon RoadRider AM26's. those seem to be the ticket on the Ninja Forums. :)

Oh, and they are dirt cheap too lol. They are so small, 110 front and 130 rear, only 72 and 81 bucks from Jake Wilson. That site seems to have the best prices.

Back