Dad is calling it quits.

Got a call from dad today said he is selling the bike. It was a sad day losing my favorite ridding buddy.

PART951323212142940.jpg

Wow that is a bummer but just remember...He will still be around to listen to all your riding stories and he will be someone who will appreciate them. You never know,He may have a change in heart one day and want to get back out there with you!

Sometimes I think of how much I'll dread the day when I know it's time to hang up the helmet. Very scary in one way. But then it's comforting to know I had a great episode of my life that many never had.

Here's to wishing your dad the best!!!

I don't know his reasons, but in some cases of just feeling uncomfortable balancing the bike at a low speed or holding it up at a light, a CanAm Spider or even a traditional trike can help out an allow some to continue to ride. These obviously can't solve all issues, but it might be worth a chat. My uncle finally decided he had to have a trike. Unfortunately I've been without my dad since '92, so I never had to see that side. I imagine it would be easier this way than if you saw it was unsafe and felt you had to convince him to quit, or worse, take it away. If it's not in the cards for him to ride again, I know you will find many other ways to enjoy time together. Wishing the best for you both.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Everyone comes to the end of being able to do things we enjoy, sorry it is your dad's time to throw the kickstand down for the last time. I know some people transition to a trike or a Spyder but I know deep down that would never work for me, but maybe your dad may be interested in something like that.

Sorry to hear about your dad deciding not to ride anymore. Maybe for him it's a safety issue. I'm with BDazzler's suggestions of either a Can Am Spider or some other trike if it interested your dad. Otherwise he'll have to live vicariously through you.

:cheers:

Thanks for all the warm words everyone. I havent had a chance to find out his reasions for giveing it up yet. Dad is still pretty fit and active so i dont think its a safety reason. He can have the key to mine if he wants to take a ride anytime.He is selling the bike low so i nust may end up with it so never know he may still get to ride it. We had some good times for sure. we do alot of fishing together so we will still spend alot of time together

I'm sorry to hear about that.
I always wanted a relationship like that with my Dad. Motorcycles are an awesome way for people to bond. Hopefully you guys will stay close :tup:

Back