Did some mods... Kinda Disappointed

TheHaze

So I recently joined this forum after I found a diamond in the rough.
I bought a 2004 FZ1 with 3000 miles in near new condition.

Ive spent the past few days searching though archived threads for different mods for my awesome Gen 1 Fazer.

Heres where I started.

AIS removal kit, Touring windscreen, and some fancy headlights

After much consideration i bought the Holeshot AIS removal kit. Its a bit on the pricey side but the heavily detailed instructions make it worth every penny. Holeshot A+... I cant wait to get their highpipe comp slipon
-I also changed my plugs during the AIS removal process

Next I bought a ZeroGravity Touring screen. It came from Revzilla and it came with very small but noticable pits. Every review on ZeroGravity screens was positive and I expected a beautiful windscreen... Not so much
consequently Revzilla is replacing the screen free of charge and also crediting my revzilla account $20 needless to say I absolutely WILL shop there again- free shipping and a great selection along with competitive pricing makes for an easy shopping experience... revzilla A+ ZeroG, B-

Last mod today was the Putco 6000K Blue headlight bulbs...
for the price they seemed like a bargain but their bulb inconsistency makes me want to tell everyone even thinking about these to steer clear...
heres a short video of their bulbs in use. One seems to be alot "blue-er" than the other Im pretty bummed out about this one...

Don't be fooled by cheesy gimmicks or HID-wannabe halogen bulbs. Blue light is bad light and those goofy 'xenon' bulbs are a bunch of bollocks.

If you want to upgrade your stock halogen lighting, the only bulb you should consider is the Philips X-treme Vision H4, they are the best H4 replacement bulb, bar none. They produce the brighest, best quality light with the stock wattage. If these don't produce enough light, you should then consider an HID retrofit kit from our own Rabbitman :)

Last edited:
P.I.A.A makes great bulbs. I use them on all my bikes. You get what you pay for hands down!

I respectfully disagree here. PIAA bulbs are much more expensive and perform worse than several other high performance bulbs on the market. They're tinted to make the light look white and bright but tinting something clearly does not allow more light to pass through. It's a clever way of marketing something that tricks our silly eyes. That's why those god awful blue lights people drive around with are so obnoxiously 'bright' when we're looking head on. The reality is, they aren't bright at all.

The marketing makes a lot of bold claims but they really are inferior to something like the aforementioned Philips bulbs

:2cents:

Here is an objective article debunking the myths of bulbs like the ones PIAA sells.

Last edited:
Don't be fooled by cheesy gimmicks or HID-wannabe halogen bulbs. Blue light is bad light and those goofy 'xenon' bulbs are a bunch of bollocks.

If you want to upgrade your stock halogen lighting, the only bulb you should consider is the Philips X-treme Vision H4, they are the best H4 replacement bulb, bar none. They produce the brighest, best quality light with the stock wattage. If these don't produce enough light, you should then consider an HID retrofit kit from our own Rabbitman :)

I like my Xenon bulb that I got from the dealer, It was $10 cheaper and when the low beam burnt out after 3 months, they replaced it free of charge. Just saying.

I like my Xenon bulb that I got from the dealer, It was $10 cheaper and when the low beam burnt out after 3 months, they replaced it free of charge. Just saying.

It's not good and you'll never objectively prove it's better or brighter than stock. If you like it, use it!

Last edited:
I'm not surprised you were disappointed with the Xenons if you were expecting better light output. I used them until I could get a hid bixenon kit mostly for the change in color rather than any added light output. I was pleased with them for that reason.

I ended up returning the bulbs and recieved store credit. I found some cheap Silvania zXe $35 for a pair from a closeout

heres how they look. I am happy with these. they are very bright

20130523_163757_zps54947521.jpg

you get what you pay for. you are learning the hard, read: expensive, way.

blocking off the ais system takes 3 things and about $3, two rubber plugs and a plastic cap. the windscreen, that sucks, but it's manufacturer defect, revzilla is an awesome site so that's cool that they are replacing it for you. and dude you bought $25 light bulbs, cmon man, really? sylvania silverstars are as cheap as you should go but are generally acceptable so at least now you know for next time.

remember when changing your exhaust you'll be changing your jetting and dont worry about your air filter, just replace it with a stock one

Back