dirt bike bars and stock risers?

Hey guys, Im new to the forum. Im the line foreman for a rural electric coop here in NM. I will post more info on myself and the bike soon! I just purchased a '12 model FZ1 and being of short stature the bars arent the most comfortable for me. I purchased some moose racing CR-Low style dirt bike bars with a 60mm rise hoping they might sit me up a little more as Im planning on putting serious miles on this bike. Im curious if i could run the stock risers with the bars without having to replace cables or brake lines? Thanks for the help.

Not familiar with that bar, but the stock cables and lines can be stretched at least 1" and probably even a little more if you reroute some of them. Compare your bar to the stocker and you'll have your answer.

Hey guys, Im new to the forum. Im the line foreman for a rural electric coop here in NM. I will post more info on myself and the bike soon! I just purchased a '12 model FZ1 and being of short stature the bars arent the most comfortable for me. I purchased some moose racing CR-Low style dirt bike bars with a 60mm rise hoping they might sit me up a little more as Im planning on putting serious miles on this bike. Im curious if i could run the stock risers with the bars without having to replace cables or brake lines? Thanks for the help.
I did about that height, had to extract some electrical wiring from under the tank there is some to be had. Also the brake line is at a stretch unless you like your lever down dirt bike style. I got a 2" extended braided kit. Careful with the clutch, mine just makes it.

Back