Dude wrecks his CBR lane splitting too fast

Hi Klurejr, the traffic was relatively light and moving well, so personally I don't see the benefit of lane splitting at speeds faster than the traffic. There's a bit too much risk imho to make it worthwhile. All it takes is one driver not paying attention or distracted by his/her cell phone to come across on you when you least expect it.
Lane filtering, however, during stopped or very slow moving traffic is what I prefer.
It still has some risk but it's one that I can live with and it's also legal to do it here in NSW Australia.
Anyway, good luck with your riding mate.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi Klurejr, the traffic was relatively light and moving well, so personally I don't see the benefit of lane splitting at speeds faster than the traffic. There's a bit too much risk imho to make it worthwhile. All it takes is one driver not paying attention or distracted by his/her cell phone to come across on you when you least expect it.
Lane filtering, however, during stopped or very slow moving traffic is what I prefer.
It still has some risk but it's one that I can live with and it's also legal to do it here in NSW Australia.
Anyway, good luck with your riding mate.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Lane filtering at stopped traffic is legal here in SA too.

The lanes on our Australian roads are far too narrow to even consider lane splitting. In the States on the freeways the lanes are a good 2 to 3 feet wider than ours!

Lane filtering at stopped traffic is legal here in SA too.

The lanes on our Australian roads are far too narrow to even consider lane splitting. In the States on the freeways the lanes are a good 2 to 3 feet wider than ours!

12 feet wide on most Freeways. unless passing a buss or semi-truck there is quite a bit of room.

12 feet wide on most Freeways. unless passing a buss or semi-truck there is quite a bit of room.

Our lanes are about 3 feet wider than a car. So if the cars are in the middle of the lane (rarely), you have about 3 feet between cars. Not much room. Most Australians drive a small sedan or SUV (becoming too popular), not the huge pick ups you guys have over their either.

Weaving in and out if you must but lane splitting when the traffic is moving is lethal given the amount of inattentive drivers we have here, those who cannot live without their mobiles for the time they are driving, I only filter when the traffic has come to a stop

Back