E85

Does anyone have their bike tuned on e85? Or know if the gen2's injectors are capable of the requirement for the fuel? Thanks for any info you can give.

E85 is ethanol I assume? If it is, I would not put it in my bike. There is far too much controversy (where is the #$%@ spell check??) about the effects of ethanol on the fuel system and the very expensive damage it can cause.

I think that if the bike is properly set up and tuned for it, you would make some awesome horsepower.
I havent heard of too many people running it on streetbikes though.
At least not here in Australia.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I think that if the bike is properly set up and tuned for it, you would make some awesome horsepower.
I havent heard of too many people running it on streetbikes though.
At least not here in Australia.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

E85 has higher octane and a cooling effect on the intake charge so it's ideal to run on turbocharged bikes or cars. On a street bike unless you raise the compression (to take advantage of the higher octane) I doubt you will see much of a power gain.

And by the way E85 is 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline.

Last edited:
My new car loves the corn! So much I sometimes wish I could have the bike retrofit so it could run it too.

You would just have to get a map set for a richer mixture. ethanol mixes at 9 to 1 instead of 15 to 1 for gas, so you need bigger jets or richer map. Gas mileage will go down as a result. The seals aren't necessarily made for it either. The denser charge will produce more hp, that's why fuel dragsters go faster the gas dragsters.

Back