East central IL-West central IN

I'm in Greenup, IL which is exit 119 on I-70 between Effingham, IL and Terre Haute, IN. Also just south of Charleston/Mattoon, IL and Champaign/Urbana, IL. It's really halfway between St. Louis, MO and Indianapolis, IN on I-70.

Anybody here close? Seems I only see cruisers around here :( (and my wife's '09 Ninja 250)

:welcome:

RE: West Central IN

I'm in Brazil, IN. Just east of Terre Haute 12 mi. along US-40. I ride a
2001 in Black, with lots of mods ! Good to hear from someone "close" by !
A few of us are meeting at the BK, (Burger-King) at I-70 (exit 23) and SR-59 Saturday morning at 7:15am Indiana time. Grab a bite to eat, then ride out south to Linton, IN. to visit friends at the BMW shop in town. (a Saturday morning ritual) Then it's off to the Harley shop in Bloomington, IN for the FISH-FRY at noon ! Join us Saturday if you can ! Some of us just got back from Deal's gap and ridin the tail of the DRAGON !! heh,heh
Most of us ride cruiser's or dresser's (me included), but I ride the FAZER on the weekends !! It's MORE FUN !!

Wow, that sounds like a great ride. With the cold I'm fighting and the projected 38 degree temps w/rain, I think I am going to have to pass on this one. Please feel free to update on future rides. I would like to get out there and hit the road with some fellow riders. Thanks again.

Wow, that sounds like a great ride. With the cold I'm fighting and the projected 38 degree temps w/rain, I think I am going to have to pass on this one. Please feel free to update on future rides. I would like to get out there and hit the road with some fellow riders. Thanks again.
No problem. We go riding about every Sat. morning-- somewhere. It supposed to be about 47 cool degrees here in the morning, and a projected high of 67, with partly cloudy skies and a 10 to 20 % chance of sprinkles.
BTW, a bunch of us are headed to Moonshine, ILL. on the 9th. for some of them famous "moonshine" burgers, we could meet up then ! We should arrive there about 11:30am Indiana time. Should be about 10 to 15 of us riding in, weather permitting. I 'll look for you then !

Moonshine

Thanks to Pilot8127 for a fun day of riding, food, and did I mention, fun? Wow, what a time. Moonshine was crazy busy for such an out-of-the-way place. Weather was perfect, except for the cold two hour ride from Indy to Linton at 8am. Nonetheless, fantastic fun. Look forward to doing it again sometime.

Hey Guys,
We are going to Linton, IN for coffee and donuts again on Saturday as usual. Typo31 and I had a great time ripping thru the countryside last weekend !
Whew. I tried to shake him. Nope. I looked back and he is on my tail and closing fast . . . . that red '06 he rides sure is fast !!

Crap! I can't believe I started this thread and didn't check it until now. I didn't get my bike (2007 Colbalt Blue FZ1) until 10-01-10 anyway, but I'm only 18.3 miles (37 min, via google maps, maybe less on the FZ1:innocent0002:) away from Moonshine! So sorry I missed that. I hope to meet up with you guys sometime. Looks like this season is winding down fast, but I'll be ready in 2011.

My wife has a 2009 Ninja 250R (black), and only started riding seriously in spring 2010, so I don't think she's up for any interstate travel, but maybe I can talk her into an FZ8 in a year or 2 :Rockon:

Funny, I got my bike in Bloomington, but it was Bloomington, IL, not over there with you Hoosiers :justkidding:

It would be nice to ride with others on non-cruisers. I can't believe how many cruisers with doo-rags and wife-beaters as gears are around here.

I just got my T-Rex sliders and my Fire Dragon Brothers levers (gold with black adjusters). I hope to get them on soon.

Awesome. Hit us with an email address and we can send you an email when things get rolling again. Heck, I bet Pilot will still be riding in the snow.

Hey Guys,
Sounds like we can make some plans for next spring/summer !!
Congrats BDazzler on your new ride !! I have a Cobalt Blue bike too, 'cept it's a Harley Softail ! (heh,heh) typo has a gorgeous bright red '06 that he has started to mod a little bit, and boy is it fast !!
Seems , , , , I'm in the catbird's seat with you guys. With typo31 on the east and BDazzler on the west, and me right in the middle ! And, I know some really great roads to ride in my area. I bet you guys know some equally nice roads too. We have to get together and check them out !
BTW, we still meet at the BK every Saturday morning for the ride to Linton, IN for them donuts and that steaming hot coffee ! That is at least until it get's too cold or too slick to keep the bikes on the pavement.
Here is my email address. [email protected]
I'm always ready to ride and, to meet up for a burger, coffee, or to just visit.
BTW, here is the latest addition to the garage. A 1995 Honda Helix -250 !

quite a collections of toys.....have to inquire about the placement of the sliders on the rear passenger mounts......how far do they protrude past the sliders by the traditional mount, lower frame by engine?

quite a collections of toys.....have to inquire about the placement of the sliders on the rear passenger mounts......how far do they protrude past the sliders by the traditional mount, lower frame by engine?
Thanks Adam ! Happy Birthday-btw !! I wish I was 37 (again) heh,heh, I need to sell something. I'm running out of room in the garage !
The rear-slider on the leftside is in place of the pass. peg bracket and sticks out just enough to protect everything in a tip-over. The rear-slider on the right is attached to the muffler hanger and it too just protrudes enough to protect the can if she tips over.
After I wrecked last spring, I put NEW front sliders on at the usual location ( the engine mounts). Later, I got to looking things over on the back half, had the 'used' sliders just laying around so, I painted them satin black (to remove the scuff marks) and mounted them (after a slight modification) to where I thought they would do the most to protect the tail-section and the GYT-R can.

Time to think about riding in IL and IN again. We will get some warm weather with out rain one of these days. I was able to get over 300 miles in last Monday.

I'm just checking to see if anyone else in the area is looking to get a ride together. I'm good with a day trip and meet up. I have a Scala Rider G4 system. If anyone else does, we could connect for bike to bike communication. My wife and I use them all the time.

I currently work three 12 hour night shifts a week, either Mon, Tue, Wed or Wed, Thu, Fri 7pm to 7am. Baring any family obligations and given enough advanced notice, I'm fairly open. Wed and Thu are out because I work EVERY Wed night. Shoot me a PM for a phone number or just post up here.

Gary, I hope to meet up with you on a Sat for a trip to the Linton BMW shop. Those yummy donuts and coffee need a home, and I have a lot of space for them ;)

I'm in Bloomington/Normal but this weekend I will be up in Chicago.

That's great. I bought my FZ1 in Oct 2010 at the Bloomington Sportland (used 2007 with 1600 miles). Now I'm creeping up on 12,000 miles. This weekend isn't great for me anyway, but when every you get some free time, I'm up for a ride. :hook2:

I'm in Columbus, soon to be in Indy. I have mapped out a very long ride to Louisville and Rising sun that I want to try at some point. I tried half the ride to Louisville last summer and it took 4hrs at...um.. slightly higher that posted limits. Maybe we can get a ride to complete the Rising sun leg. FYI the link below has been very helpful.

Indiana Motorcycle Roads & Rides - Best Indiana motorcycle routes for planning great Indiana motorcycle trips | Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

I'm in Columbus, soon to be in Indy. I have mapped out a very long ride to Louisville and Rising sun that I want to try at some point. I tried half the ride to Louisville last summer and it took 4hrs at...um.. slightly higher that posted limits. Maybe we can get a ride to complete the Rising sun leg. FYI the link below has been very helpful.

Indiana Motorcycle Roads & Rides - Best Indiana motorcycle routes for planning great Indiana motorcycle trips | Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

That sounds great. Let me know when you might be by my area. I'm in Greenup, IL exit 119 on I-70 between Effingham, IL and Terre Haute, IN.

Yep. Flat, straight and boring. That's why I stuck with the 190/50 instead of trying the 190/55 rear tire. All roads are laid out in a grid. :(

190/55 is/was huge improvement to me - even on the FZ. I will not go back down.

Sounds like you need to live closer to the Ozarks or Smokeys..........or Texas hill country :stirpot::poke:

Back