Easy tire mounting.

I came up with this idea at 3am one night when I was working on my YZF600 streetfighter. I had been out in the garage for over 10 hours and wanted it back to a rolling chassis before I left the garage. The rims didn't have any tires on them so it was easy. And it will work on a 200/50/17 I've done that also. I've mounted 180/60/17, 160/60/17, 18/55/17, and 240/50/18...

Yes it's alot easier to run down to cyclegear or my buddy's house who has a machine but at 3am no one was awake.

I agree with you 100% there. Being a former professional mechanic and machinist, the value of the right tool for the right job is immeasureable to me. I however only have one bike at this time and the investment in a tire machine is not cost efective for me. But........if I had more room, multiple bikes, like I had before family, I would be posting pics of my new tire machine and balancer!

You can get these machines now for less than $1000. Do the math. After you take your wheel off, you have to drive them to the dealer, wait for an hour for it to get done, drive home.

With a changer, you can accomplish this entire process in 15 minutes. Plus, instead of 3 spins on the wheel for a balance at the dealer --- you can take your time and spin it, and spin it and recheck and end up with a perfectly balanced tire.

I Wuv my changer and wish I would have bought it when I got back into biking. It would have paid for itself long ago.

I came up with this idea at 3am one night when I was working on my YZF600 streetfighter. I had been out in the garage for over 10 hours and wanted it back to a rolling chassis before I left the garage. The rims didn't have any tires on them so it was easy. And it will work on a 200/50/17 I've done that also. I've mounted 180/60/17, 160/60/17, 18/55/17, and 240/50/18...

Yes it's alot easier to run down to cyclegear or my buddy's house who has a machine but at 3am no one was awake.

Hell, it makes me want to try it and I have a machine. :)

I would like to give this a go next time just for the hell of it. If its quicker than spooning my new ones on, then that works!

I will be doing another tire change shortly anyways, these Q2's don't like to live long LOL

You can get these machines now for less than $1000. Do the math. After you take your wheel off, you have to drive them to the dealer, wait for an hour for it to get done, drive home.

With a changer, you can accomplish this entire process in 15 minutes. Plus, instead of 3 spins on the wheel for a balance at the dealer --- you can take your time and spin it, and spin it and recheck and end up with a perfectly balanced tire.

I Wuv my changer and wish I would have bought it when I got back into biking. It would have paid for itself long ago.

To be perfectly honest with you room is my biggest issue. I only have a 2 car garage and with the Wife's Tahoe in it as well as my 4'x4'x8' Snap on tool box, drill press, work bench, 2 10' longboards, beer fridge, and other miscellaneous stuff I just don't have the room. I have been begging the wife to find a piece of property to build a proper garage on and then a house but the negociations are ongoing as far as what to build first!

To be perfectly honest with you room is my biggest issue. I only have a 2 car garage and with the Wife's Tahoe in it as well as my 4'x4'x8' Snap on tool box, drill press, work bench, 2 10' longboards, beer fridge, and other miscellaneous stuff I just don't have the room. I have been begging the wife to find a piece of property to build a proper garage on and then a house but the negociations are ongoing as far as what to build first!

Well.....first of all......kick her car out of your bike shop!!! Then, you won't believe what I have in my 2 car garage. I'll take some pics soon.

brilliant! i have one of those fancy shmancy tire changers & now you have revolutionized tire changing & will go down in motorcycle history. thanks out loud

Back