ECU REFLASH - Bauce Racing vs Vcylenut ?

Well I installed the vcycleneut reflashed ecu today and took her for a spin.
Much smoother at low rpm‘s, smooth all the way through the rpm range in every gear.
I did a few throttle dumps at varying rpm’s- the bog is gone that I had when dumping throttle at 5k, but did get it to bog down when in 6th at about 3k but I guess that is to be expected.
Overall I am happy with the way she rides, not so much extra power, just smoother throughout.
I did do a first gear to redline pull and the front end stayed planted, I was hoping for a lightened front wheel but didn’t feel it. Oh well, my 49 yo ass doesn’t need to be pulling wheelies anyways.
I went through a road construction radar and it indicated 43mph, as did my speedo-so evidently it has been corrected as well.
so this is a thumbs up to the Vcyclnut reflash from me.

are others better? Hard to tell when I can only test the one I have.

Good to hear! I’ll get my ECU by this weekend, I hope. Will also report my experience.

A real beautiful bike! Dave what’s up with the red accents on the rims, is that tape, or paint? I like it.
I hope it’s showing up yellow, but yes it’s reflective tape bought off eBay . The black wheels needed a little something and this did the trick.
I figured out with Trial and error applying with soapy water makes it much easier.
theyy arena perfect if you get up close and look at them, but youd have to really be studying it to see the overlaps. (Each side is 4 or so separate pieces).
Here‘s the brand I used https://www.ebay.com/itm/REFLECTIVE...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

plenty others to choose from though.
I ordered 2 packs, one for each wheel or so I thought, I ended up with enough for 4 wheels. So one pack should over 2 wheels.
use a spray bottles with mildly soapy water to allow you to move them around during application and push bubbles out.
without the soapy water you only had one shot to get it right.

I hope it’s showing up yellow, but yes it’s reflective tape bought off eBay . The black wheels needed a little something and this did the trick.
I figured out with Trial and error applying with soapy water makes it much easier.
theyy arena perfect if you get up close and look at them, but youd have to really be studying it to see the overlaps. (Each side is 4 or so separate pieces).
Here‘s the brand I used https://www.ebay.com/itm/REFLECTIVE...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

plenty others to choose from though.
I ordered 2 packs, one for each wheel or so I thought, I ended up with enough for 4 wheels. So one pack should over 2 wheels.
use a spray bottles with mildly soapy water to allow you to move them around during application and push bubbles out.
without the soapy water you only had one shot to get it right.

Cool, just bought it, thanks! I also really like the colored rims. Those are on my wishlist.

Fwiw, using this technique

I’m able to get the front end up in first no problem, in second (follow up video) just barely. This is with the stock 17tooth front sprocket.
After toying with it some I decided staying on 2 wheels is still my best bet.
But then on way home I found myself yanking the front up again.
My right wrist is talking to me so I’d best leave the wheelies to those with less gray hairs than my goatee is sporting. :)

For those keeping score, I swapped the LARS modded airbox for an Ivans modded airbox today.
Job time-1.5 hours including a few interruptions.
Results- noise level to my ears- halfway between stock quiet and LARS loud.

Power wise I couldn’t tell a difference and rode it before and after for a good comparison.

End result is either way I need to be wearing earplugs as I came home with a decent ring in my ears without.
Exhaust = Scorpion slip on with gutted cat.

All is good! Got a notice the ECU was sent out to me. He got late yesterday
Fwiw, using this technique

I’m able to get the front end up in first no problem, in second (follow up video) just barely. This is with the stock 17tooth front sprocket.
After toying with it some I decided staying on 2 wheels is still my best bet.
But then on way home I found myself yanking the front up again.
My right wrist is talking to me so I’d best leave the wheelies to those with less gray hairs than my goatee is sporting. :)

Dang good to know! I used to race motocross since I was 16. I did tons of wheelies, came in third once in a state race. Haven’t done that in years, and don’t think I’ll do it now, but I would like the option of getting the front end off the ground now and again. Full blown wheelies, no.

For those keeping score, I swapped the LARS modded airbox for an Ivans modded airbox today.

Power wise I couldn’t tell a difference and rode it before and after for a good comparison.

End result is either way I need to be wearing earplugs as I came home with a decent ring in my ears without.

I have Cobra Neighbors Haters on my Harley. They are more like neighbor annoyers, compared to other Harleys. I’m used to loud pipes! I can’t wait to put the Yoshimuras on the FZ1, they can’t be anywhere near as loud as the typical Harley pipes, I’m guessing.

Most of the sound comes from the wind anyway, and on the FZ1 it’s far worse than my Heritage with the windshield. So, l bought a larger windshield for the FZ1 hoping to cut down on the wind.

l used the AirPods with noise cancellation, and what they don’t cancel AC/DC takes care of the rest!

Dave, you got the Flash from Vcyckenut right? If you do the air box mod you didn’t need a re-tuning?

Dave, you got the Flash from Vcyckenut right? If you do the air box mod you didn’t need a re-tuning?
Yes from Vcyclenut- , I told him the air box mod had already been done - prior to the flash. Not sure about how it affects the tune.
I would bet you could email him and ask.

Back