ECU Remap

steveb

Hi Guys,
I've had my FZ1 for about 18 months and have opened up the airbox LARS Style, changed the can, removed the front cat and blocked off the AIS. But like most have found, it just makes the snatchy throttle more prominent. I was considering a PC3 and Ivans FCE when, by chance, a guy mentioned that he knew someone who could remap my ECU. Geoff at Hilltop Motorcycles says he has the access codes to completely remap most ECUs and has done so to many bikes over the years ( mostly BMW GS's ).

Has anyone else heard of him or had work done by him.

He does race prepare bikes and used to ride competatively himself.
I've met him and seen his worshop and Dyno and he seems to be a very knowledgable and genuine chap but there's nothing like hearing about peoples actual experiences before handing over a fistfull of your hard earned cash.

Any feedback welcome.
Many Thanks
Steveb

Last edited:
ECU reflash

has there been anymore up dates on this???? i have read that hellgate on the OZ site had managed to have his 06 ecu remaped with very good results. and could be the answer to all are problems ( fuel wise) :yes:

Hi, sorry but no real update as yet.
However, I am going to get Geoff to do the remap early in the new year. I will post all the info I can once its done and i've had a chance to appraise the results. He does promise to give improvements on the dyno but more importantly he says that the on road riding is vastly improved ie; better, smoother torque and he eliminates the fuel cut off, so no more snatchy throttle. So fingers crossed. If it works, brilliant. If not, I'm not sure what will be worse, the disappointment of wasting good money or the grief i'll get off 'er indoors'. Oh well, nothing ventured, and all that.

Geoff Remap

hilltopmotorcycles.com is down can you all use hilltopmotorcycles.co.uk and the same for the email number .com is now .co.uk and can you all pass this on please thank you...;););):tup::tup:

Back