Ecu west

Fz1fighter

Just wondering what experiences people have had with them. Good bad or ugly, I'd like to know because I'm looking at getting my ecu flashed. Cheers

Sorry, not familiar with ecu west. However just about everyone agrees that Ivan from Ivan's Performance Products is the man to use for flashing our ecu. He only deals with people on the phone, not e- mail. Go to his website, get his number, and give him a call. He is known to have excellent customer service. He will answer all of your questions on what mods he recommends and what you can expect from his flash. You can also do a search and read pages and pages on how happy those that have used him are. I understand it transforms the FZ1 to the beast it was meant to be.

Quite a few of us Aussies have gone the Ivan's Flash and I have yet to hear a problem. Mine is awesome! Keeping a Power commander allows some fine tuning for present or future mods too.

Ive had my ECU flashed at somewhere other than Ivans and am very happy with it.

Bike pulls my arms off from 3k up in every gear, no fuel cut etc. Goes like a propa litre bike now!

Just trying to sort out my suspension to match its performance.

The reason I'm not completely sold on an Ivan's flash is that he has 100% perfect feedback, that makes me suspicious- I mean everyone has a few unhappy customers, justified or otherwise.

Also after having read hellgates threads on his setup, and him NOT needing a PC5 I don't wanna buy something I don't need. I'm not the, chase every last hp type, I basically just wanna lose the 1-3rd restriction, smooth out the on/off throttle issue and that's it. I REALLY don't need more power.

Also after having read hellgates threads on his setup, and him NOT needing a PC5 I don't wanna buy something I don't need. I'm not the, chase every last hp type, I basically just wanna lose the 1-3rd restriction, smooth out the on/off throttle issue and that's it. I REALLY don't need more power.

That was my thinking also.

I couldnt justify the extra $ on a PCV and ignition module for the few extra ponies you'd gain.
Ivans $90 postage put me off too...
I understand he likes everything insured but $90!!

I just have the flash and a propa exhaust and it woke the bike up to how it should have been 'straight from the box'.

Last edited:
That was my thinking also.

I couldnt justify the extra $ on a PCV and ignition module for the few extra ponies you'd gain.
Ivans $90 postage put me off too...
I understand he likes everything insured but $90!!

I just have the flash and a propa exhaust and it woke the bike up to how it should have been 'straight from the box'.

I just want to correct you on one of your points.

Ivan's flash does not require an ignition module, only a PCV.

The timing is done in the flash.

I just want to correct you on one of your points.

Ivan's flash does not require an ignition module, only a PCV.

The timing is done in the flash.

I stand corrected :eek:

Still, I couldnt justify the extra $ on a PCV for that bit of extra bang, I put my money into suspension :flash:

The reason I'm not completely sold on an Ivan's flash is that he has 100% perfect feedback, that makes me suspicious- I mean everyone has a few unhappy customers, justified or otherwise.

Not sure about your logic? You want to hear a negative report to go that way? I also was not really worried about more HP especially at the top end but more mid range. I got both. I'm sure somebody else might get the results you want but why not go with a proven route?

That is possibly the dumbest thing I have read. You deserve to try somebody else and not be satisfied..:banghead: LOL don't want to try it because everybody is happy.....nice LMAO.....

I know it sounds insane, but if something seems "too perfect" I shy away.

Makes perfect sense. If you are looking at something online, and there are a few perfect 5 ratings on an item, its too good to be true usually. those items with many 4.5 ratings are the best. I purchase a lot of items online for my company and that's the rule of thumb I normally use.

That being said, I have read so many positive things on Ivans from MANY, MANY people that I think there is enough positive to do it. That's where mine will go if I decide to have it flashed. There are some negatives said about Ivans flash, but they are so small and almost mean nothing (like the previously stated high cost of postage). That's a negative but not with the product, just the shipping.

I did mention to Ivan about the cost of his shipping but he rightly said that he didnt want to send a $1200 ECU uninsured.
Add on top of that the value of a PCV and it hits $90 postage to Europe.

For me, the added cost of the PCV on top of the flash and shipping was too much to swallow in one hit as Im not after eeking out every last horse powerwise.

I had my ECU flashed from an English company, that didnt need a PCV and it goes like stink now, R1 fast.

That being said though, I tried to add some Graves stacks after the remap and I seemed to lose a bit of power so if your wanting to carry on modding, Ivans flash that keeps the PCV would be the way to go.

Last edited:
I did mention to Ivan about the cost of his shipping but he rightly said that he didnt want to send a $1200 ECU uninsured.
Add on top of that the value of a PCV and it hits $90 postage to Europe.

For me, the added cost of the PCV on top of the flash and shipping was too much to swallow in one hit as Im not after eeking out every last horse powerwise.

I had my ECU flashed from an English company, that didnt need a PCV and it goes like stink now, R1 fast.

That being said though, I tried to add some Graves stacks after the remap and I seemed to lose a bit of power so if your wanting to carry on modding, Ivans flash that keeps the PCV would be the way to go.

I think you are missing the point of Ivan's ECU flash.

Ivan's tune is all about improving the every day ride-ability of the bike, not just looking for top end power gains.

While Ivan's ECU flash and mapping do give you some nice top end power gains, the real benefits of it are the general smoothness of the bike and the large improvements in lower and especially midrange power.

The bike has beautifully smooth fueling now and the ride-ability has improved ten fold.

Another excellent improvement is that the bike runs much cooler now.
It is now very hot over here in Sydney and it's one of the best improvements for me as it's very noticeable.

That is possibly the dumbest thing I have read. You deserve to try somebody else and not be satisfied..:banghead: LOL don't want to try it because everybody is happy.....nice LMAO.....

Why do you assume he would not be satisfied with someone else? Mattsplat tried someone else and he sounds completely satisfied. He even saved himself the added expense of a PCV. There is at least one other company that offers free reflashes when you add mods. I'm not bashing Ivan. Ivan is a great guy with great customer service however there are other options.

AND........ Here is a perfect example of why I'm skeptical of online feedback. Thanks for adding nothing to a thread that will help eventually help me and hopefully others in time to come.

I've spent way too much time on both FZ1 forums the last few years. Managed to figure out who the knuckleheads are and who's pretty sharp.

Quite a few guys I'd consider trust worthy and knowledgeable and giving Ivans flash a BIG thumbs up.

Ivans received plenty of criticism over the years ( always from a small minority ) but his flash is getting 100% positive response.

WHEN EVEN THE HATERS ARE SILENT , WELL THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT HOW GOOD IVANS FLASH IS !!!!

Three ( possibly all ) of the other businesses offering a flash are all getting it from the same company in Italy :tdown: Just reselling someone else s product.

Ivan has a longgggggggggggggg history tuning FZ1's and has a great reputation. He also own's, rides, tests, tunes, dyno's with his own FZ1.... I like that :)

Totally understand your thinking that with 100% positive feedback it must be to good to be true but in this case I think its safe to say, Ivan got it right ! :cheers:

I've followed the FZ1 ECU flashing pretty closely for the past couple years , seems the other flashes are getting about 60-70% positive feedback. Ivans 100% positive and I'd bet my last dollar Ivan has flashed more FZ1's than all the other places combined.

My moneys getting spent at Ivans :cheers::cheers:

Last edited:
Back