Euro part needed for FZ1 in United States

I purchased a used 2006 Yamaha FZ1 which was heavily modified to include a Euro style rear tailpiece. The U.S. version has ugly hand rails but the Euro version is much simpler and smoother so it was installed.

The bike came with a painted plastic cowl for the rear but did not come with a rear pillion (passenger) seat. My girlfriend wants to ride so I need to find a seat.

If anybody can recommend a reputable Yamaha dealership (that speaks English) where I can purchase a new seat I would appreciate it. Or, if anybody has a rear passenger seat that they wish to sell, then I would like to buy it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Lauren Caputo
Lafayette, California, United States

I purchased a used 2006 Yamaha FZ1 which was heavily modified to include a Euro style rear tailpiece. The U.S. version has ugly hand rails but the Euro version is much simpler and smoother so it was installed.

The bike came with a painted plastic cowl for the rear but did not come with a rear pillion (passenger) seat. My girlfriend wants to ride so I need to find a seat.

If anybody can recommend a reputable Yamaha dealership (that speaks English) where I can purchase a new seat I would appreciate it. Or, if anybody has a rear passenger seat that they wish to sell, then I would like to buy it.

Lauren Caputo

I doubt you'll find that seat here in the US and the dealers wont be able to order it. I have seen a few for sale in the past over on eBay's UK site. You may want to start there. Oh and what you're looking for sounds like is the seat for the FZ1N (naked).

If that doesn't work out then you may want to contact these guys. I recently bought some parts from them and the service and shipping were great.

I doubt you'll find that seat here in the US and the dealers wont be able to order it. I have seen a few for sale in the past over on eBay's UK site. You may want to start there. Oh and what you're looking for sounds like is the seat for the FZ1N (naked).

If that doesn't work out then you may want to contact these guys. I recently bought some parts from them and the service and shipping were great.

+1 Sounds like a naked seat. Try Ebay Australia too, although the price may be a little steep.

Lauren Caputo

There's one here on Ebay UK:

YAMAHA FZ1 1000 FAZER 2D1 REAR SEAT on eBay (end time 13-May-10 20:46:37 BST)

Ebay

I've got my eye on the one on Ebay in the UK. I sent the guy a message requesting a photo of the bottom just to make sure it is the right part but I didn't hear back. I've never purcased anything on Ebay before and I'm a little hesitant (it's the skeptic side of me that's hard to escape). It looks similar to the plastic cowl I currenlty have so it's probably right.

Man, all this just so my girlfriend can come along? I don't even really want her with me!!! :)

Off to Infineon tomorrow! Bringing the FZ1 and the Duc 1098!!!

Ride safe and thanks again for the suggestions.

LC

The fazer and the N seat are slightly different , if yours is the one with no grab rails it will have to be a seat for the N version, i have one with some damage from when my chain snapped and been looking for a replacement for 2 yrs on e bay seen a few fazer ones come up but no naked version ones.

The fazer and the N seat are slightly different , if yours is the one with no grab rails it will have to be a seat for the N version, i have one with some damage from when my chain snapped and been looking for a replacement for 2 yrs on e bay seen a few fazer ones come up but no naked version ones.

If you have the chance when you are at a local shop out there in the UK can you find out what the price would be for a new replacement N rear seat? I have no idea how much they cost. There is a shop on the east coast of the U.S. that can get the part but I would like to know how much extra I will be paying for shipping plus a little something for the their trouble. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

If you have the chance when you are at a local shop out there in the UK can you find out what the price would be for a new replacement N rear seat? I have no idea how much they cost. There is a shop on the east coast of the U.S. that can get the part but I would like to know how much extra I will be paying for shipping plus a little something for the their trouble. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

certainly mate , i should be at my local yammaha dealers over the next 2 weeks so ill ask for you :tup:

Thanks!

Unless you get lucky and find one on eBay, it's not going to be easy to get one as you've seen so far. Why don't you contact this dealer and see if they can get it for you. I bought stuff from them in the past and they were very easy to work with. Service was reasonably fast and shipping very affordable. Good luck...

Back