Evap tubes Removal

Hello,

I did a search, trying a few different wordings, to rid my machine of all the goofy arse tubes coming off of the carburetors, more than likely having to do with emissions and slowing things up a little. So, sorry if my noobness has asked a question that's been asked a gazillion times.

Anyways, can this be done without much greif happening to the engine, gas mileage, and of course ultimately does it increase performance.

Is there anything I must know, purchase, or modify before attempting this procedure?

Thanks very much in advance for your answers

Cheers.

Hello,

I did a search, trying a few different wordings, to rid my machine of all the goofy arse tubes coming off of the carburetors, more than likely having to do with emissions and slowing things up a little. So, sorry if my noobness has asked a question that's been asked a gazillion times.

Anyways, can this be done without much greif happening to the engine, gas mileage, and of course ultimately does it increase performance.

Is there anything I must know, purchase, or modify before attempting this procedure?

Thanks very much in advance for your answers

Cheers.

Are you talking about the tubes coming from the air pump?

If you are speaking of the Air Induction System, the answer is NO you won't make any performance gains by removing it. You will however cut down on the popping, gurgling, and backfiring upon deceleration if your running an aftermarket slip-on exhaust. You will also clean up the top of the motor making it easier to gain access to the spark plugs. Here's my thread showing you how I did it a couple of months ago.

http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-i/1775-i-s-kit-done-thumbs-up.html

Yea, that is what you need an AIS removal kit. Both Dale Walker and Ivan's Performance make decent ones.

By the way aren't you a member over on exupworlwide.com? I recognized the user name from over there. I'm on there too, 97YZF1000 :)

Yea, that is what you need an AIS removal kit. Both Dale Walker and Ivan's Performance make decent ones.

By the way aren't you a member over on exupworlwide.com? I recognized the user name from over there. I'm on there too, 97YZF1000 :)

Yes, also a member over there, it's only taken me 8 years to reply, whoooops sorry???

Back