Fahrenheit to Celsius

Hi. I got my FZ1s gen2 09 US specs yesterday. Bought it used. Not used to the temperature meter in F.
Can I switch to C? Thanks.

Last edited:
You can try this, it works on some bikes, but not on all. Is your bike displaying km or miles now? If it is displaying miles it may work, if it is already in km it probably won't.

Quote from manual: 'To switch the speedometer and odometer/tripmeter displays between kilometers and miles, press the "SELECT" button for atleast one second.'

You can try this, it works on some bikes, but not on all. Is your bike displaying km or miles now? If it is displaying miles it may work, if it is already in km it probably won't.
Quote from manual: 'To switch the speedometer and odometer/tripmeter displays between kilometers and miles, press the "SELECT" button for atleast one second.'

Thanks. You mean when switching km/h to m/h it will switch F to C in the same time? Anyway, let's try this afternoon.

The US bikes have the option to switch to metric. If you're seeing miles and Fahrenheit, you can switch it to kilometres and Celsius :)

The US bikes have the option to switch to metric. If you're seeing miles and Fahrenheit, you can switch it to kilometres and Celsius :)
I have tried. Push & hold SELECT will only switch between kmph & mph. F still stay. But under sunlight, I can see the C shadow on the display, left side of the small circle 'degree' symbol. F is on right side. Any idea how to turn it ON?
My fazer is California model, i think, cos my owner manual is FZ10Y(C).

One of the changes on the display was to the 'C' for cooling system which the temp was still in farenheit, and it usually ran from 175-225 which is 80-105 Celsius. I believe the F is for airtemp at the intake in Farenheit.

The 'C' in that context does mean coolant, not Celsius, unfortunately.....

I bought my '09 FZ1 new in Louisiana (dealer internet special) and it has the same owner's manual "(C)" like yours - my manual is FZS10Y(C).

Mine is not the CA model and I doubt yours is either. Mine has no carbon canister that is required on CA models. I don't know what that (C) means on the owners manual.

I've asked around and have yet to find anyone that does know what it means on the owners manual.

That seems strange though, that the temperature gauge would show worthless information...

I would call Yamaha

Sport Contact Us

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
6555 Katella Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630

Sales, marketing and distribution of Motorcycles, ATVs, Snowmobiles and Race Kart Engines.

Customer Relations
(800) 962-7926

Last edited:
That seems strange though, that the temperature gauge would show worthless information...

I would call Yamaha

Sport Contact Us

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
6555 Katella Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630

Sales, marketing and distribution of Motorcycles, ATVs, Snowmobiles and Race Kart Engines.

Customer Relations
(800) 962-7926
I would`nt say the Temp gauge is worthless,Its a good indication on the engine temp ,my fans come on at 100C,when I first purchased my 2008 FZ1, it made me realize only one fan was working.I look at this gauge often in traffic,hot days etc

Back