Fake Alpinestars gloves from ebay seller dilpeggg

I just bought some fake Alpinestars gloves on ebay. They were advertised as the 2008 model so it made since that they were $140, especially since a new model has just been released. I thought they were just trying to clear out old stock. When they arrived I had some suspicions that they were fake because "Alpinestars" was misspelled on the packaging. Good job, send your fake products in Engrish. After some research I confirmed my suspicions. There is no Kevlar lining or perforation in the palms. The ebay seller is dilpeggg. In going back and looking at the auction it says that the kevlar lining seems to be missing but I guess I didn't read the small print. They are still advertised as being real and they surely are not. I sent him a message just now but I haven't heard back from him yet. I expect a full refund including shipping. I will raise some hell if he tries to give me trouble. Wish me luck.

Here is a good video I found to identify the problems with knock off gloves. In doing a little research, this seems to be a common problem. Feel free to share this on any other forums and spread this information. I never even thought I would be getting knock off gloves.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6y_cTEs4OE]Alpinestars GP Pro gloves, how to identify fakes - YouTube[/ame]

Anyway, these are the pics I took.

DSC00741.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

There should be some perforation in the palm.
DSC00740.jpg

No kevlar lining
DSC00739.jpg

And the biggest, mis-spelling of "Alpinestaps"
DSC00737.jpg

It sucks that people get away with this crap. Just curious as to what his feedback was??? I don't buy anything from anyone on Ebay without a 97% or better. It's not worth the headache for me. Sorry you got duped bud. I hope you get your money back. Make sure to contact Ebay and Paypal if that's how you paid. You can file a claim with them against the seller.

I had several pairs of A* gloves... they're garbage... The knockoffs might actually be better..

every single pair I had busted at the palm seam or at finger seams... just regular riding... no wrecks or anything...

I wish you the best of luck getting your money back...

When you're buying a new set, look for Held Gloves. They're really hard to beat. I don't have a motorcycle anymore, but I still have my Held Akira's.

RS Taichi gloves are commonly ripped off and sold on eBay for cheap as well. I saw several knock-offs when I was shopping for my pair. They are pretty convincing clones so I had to be extra careful when I bought my pair from a bloke on Craigslist. Mine are the real deal, thankfully.

Sucks about your purchase; see if you can make a claim through eBay or PayPal or whoever

100% positive feedback with lots of sales.

Thanks for the suggestion.

If the seller does not issue me a refund then I will do that.

You only have a short time to file a complaint with eBay. It won't hurt to get it in now, even if the guy does take care of the refund right away. You will lose if he strings you along and the time limit for filing a complaint passes. Also, don't be surprised if they make you mail the item back (with delivery confirmation) at your cost.

Good luck.

One thing to remember with eBay is you have the most protection if you purchase with a credit card. I once sold a bike to someone, they decided they did not like the bike so they filed a fraud complaint with their Credit Card company because I did not want to refund them. It was a sold as is type deal, but the buyer was not happy for some reason. I eventually got the bike back and sold it to someone else, but it was a major pain in my butt as the seller to deal with it because the CC company can pull the funds right back.

As far as an update, the seller has agreed to refund my money but he requested that I not leave negative or neutral feedback. I just ignored the question, but he still thinks these are genuine gloves, as if Alpinestars just decided to release some gloves with no kevlar lining. He said because the lining is only 40% kevlar, it makes since if you cannot see it. Whatever...I'm not sure how he explains the misspelling of Alpinestaps. He even went as far as sending me the e-mail conversation between him and a previous customer that is happy with his purchase of these gloves, as if his previous customer is an expert. Well, his previous customer rides on the street and I ride on the track. There is a difference. I don't want to take a chance.

Also, don't be surprised if they make you mail the item back (with delivery confirmation) at your cost.

Good luck.

It sucks, but I mailed the gloves back on my dime with delivery confirmation and insurance. It was not required but I don't want the seller to claim he never received them. With delivery confirmation and insurance I will be covered no matter what happens. It sucks, but worse things have happened to me.

Back