Finally did some mods :)

Hey guy and girls,

I have an update on my bike since I brought it and this forum seems a bit quiet at the moment so why not :)

Well about a month ago I ran over a bloody 5mm allen key!!

B06E8MN.jpg

Was very annoying, it happened on my street about 20m from my house!!! I have since plugged it and it has been all good so far, didn't really want to buy a new tyre as it has only done about 1000km

So I brought a new exhaust, a full Akrapovic titanium/carbon. Got Factory Pro velocity stacks and a K&N filter. Chucked everything on over the weekend . I can't believe how heavy the factory exhaust is, its criminal!! Also did the Lars airbox mod.

QPeoIA9.jpg

1ZJC0Fj.jpg

fsWl77m.jpg

I got the exhaust very cheap 2nd hand, it is only 6 months old. I couldn't justify spending all that money on a brand new one so when this came up I jumped on it. I'm not into bling at all so I like the look of the dull/dirty titanium headers. One day I wanna get all the silver bolts changed out for black ones :) Also got Pazzo leavers which you can see in the pic of the airbox. They are so much nicer than the stock ones, I highly recommend getting some, only take about 5 minutes to change!!

I have ordered a PC5 and AIS block off plates which should arrive any day now, can't wait to put the PC5 in. I took it for a quick spin and man the airbox mod makes it so loud!! the exhaust sounds mint but yer once the PC5 goes in that should sort out the fueling cause it doesn't seem to run perfect like it should.
So I have a question for you folk, what map can I use with my current mods??? can someone please send me in the right direction.

Next winter I will send my ECU to Ivan and get one of his maps at the same time and his modded flies but until then I'll just use another one to get me through a long summer of riding!!!

Thanks and hope you enjoyed my little write up

Sweet, sept for the tire issue. man I do miss my Fz1.. They are a RUSH, Ida kept it but no room and I have 3 bike still and only ride 1 mostly. We are going into winter and your into summer, Have fun.

AS for maps for your PCV, have a look at the threads on this forum and on the other forum with the maps on them. and find one that's for mods similar to yours, but be aware, we have different fuel and climatic conditions tothe northern hemisphere guys and although they will be close, there's nothing like a map utned for your bike.

I'd recommend getting your bike dynotuned by a trusted bike tuner, but wait until you have all the mods you want done first, i.e. after Ivan's flash and AIS block off completed (otherwise you'll spend a fortune on tuning after each mod - ask me how I know). If you can spare one and a half weeks off the bike you'll have your ECU back, but shipping this time of year may be longer. I did mine in our winter.

Dicko knows his stuff. Where in Oz are you? You sure that Allen key is not yours? How does the seal on your air box look? I tried a K & N and found it did not fit properly.

Thanks dicko.

I'm in Perth. Na not my allen key, a couple of houses down they have been doing renos and people moving in and out so I reckon its from them.

The filter seems to fit in there perfectly but now you have my paranoid, I may have to double check

Thanks dicko.

I'm in Perth. Na not my allen key, a couple of houses down they have been doing renos and people moving in and out so I reckon its from them.

The filter seems to fit in there perfectly but now you have my paranoid, I may have to double check

Sorry about that. Check that the top of the airbox is sitting properly down the sides at the seal. See the old thread

http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-garage-tech-help/18145-k-n-filter-fitting.html#post151573

Last edited:
Back