Finally finished my PhD

After 5+ years of hard work, stress, pressures it is finally done. End of a saga really but I guess this is pretty much run of the mill for most ...

My topic was: “Principles of Safe and Automated Middleware Specializations for Distributed Real-Time and Embedded Systems”

That's great! A PhD is definitely a great accomplishment and you should feel very proud of yourself.

I have a couple of friends pursuing graduate degrees (in a different field) and know that it's a lot of work.

I guess now you start job hunting?

Congrats, that's one heck of an accomplishment!

Hope things have changed since I was at that level, my background is ME and about all you could do was research which I didn't really care for. I opted to get two Master's degrees, in ME and then later another in PE. Has turned out great for me, very interesting 32+yr career with incredible financial rewards.

I've kept up with my office mate who took my slot for the PHD in ME and he's been successful, but far behind where I am financially. It was agonizing at the time, but I'm glad I made the decisions I did.

Good luck with it!

Congratulations man! Unbelievable accomplishment.. Many folks seem to take 6 or 7 plus years to do so! Not sure how you found the time... Wrapping up masters myself and that's a chore with life work and family... Cannot imagine what it takes for the PHD.

Good for you!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gneymo

Computer Science - QoS-enabled software systems area...

I could have maybe finished it in around 4 years if not for the nonsense that always goes on. They say hindsight is always great, Right!!!

Yes I am on the job market, have a few interviews lined up, many more to apply, hopefully things fall in place. Am CA bound...

After 5+ years of hard work, stress, pressures it is finally done. End of a saga really but I guess this is pretty much run of the mill for most ...

My topic was: “Principles of Safe and Automated Middleware Specializations for Distributed Real-Time and Embedded Systems”

does this mean you know how to work on a assembly line now? :sport12:

and now time to pay off the loans..:deal:

good you got a degree. most out here never had the chance and had to get to work to support our lives (and others).

now get out there and make some money..:thewave:

does this mean you know how to work on a assembly line now? :sport12:

and now time to pay off the loans..:deal:

good you got a degree. most out here never had the chance and had to get to work to support our lives (and others).

now get out there and make some money..:thewave:

Thankfully, no loans... my entire 6 years of graduate studies MS+PhD was on tuition and research scholarships and pretty good stipends. Thank god, I didn't have to struggle to get paid...

if u get a chance, go back to school and get a degree .. its worth it IMO and goes a long way towards career advancement and gaining respect... I worked in the industry for a year or so and figured that out atleast...

Yah, I got out of the military a few years ago and went back to school. After BS, MS and MA, I might get to finish the PhD within the next year. Part time work and free school can only last so long....Going to have to get a real job again!

Yah, I got out of the military a few years ago and went back to school. After BS, MS and MA, I might get to finish the PhD within the next year. Part time work and free school can only last so long....Going to have to get a real job again!

Nice! Good Luck man! After a military career and a great education that too right until a PhD will add a whole new dimension of respect in addition to what you already get for serving the country! I guess companies will be lining up for ya by then ...

Just the name makes my head hurt...

Is your paper work posted somewhere?

Congratulations... I think...

Beast

Back