Finally

I finally got a machine I love.:wow: I bought a 2011 straight from the dealer and instantly found the things i didnt care for. I ordered a yoshi trs slip on for a bit more noise, a tinted windscreen for a more sporty look and a fender eliminator to one up the looks. The one thing i know i dont like is the gearing but i dont know what to do about it and thats what im hoping all of you out there with the experiance can help with. Im figureing i want to drop to a 16t up forward but was also thinking 47-48 rear. Will this work with stock chain length? If not what will work with stock length? Thanks in advance.

Welcome! FZ1 is an amazing bike. You can ride it all day, and when the time comes, you can hang with anything but the fastest bikes out there. I haven't screwed with the gearing, so I have no input there, but I know you'll love the bike. There are all kinds of mods to do; have fun and try not to bankrupt yourself :p

Hey Bud - congrats on the new purchase. You have one of the best all around bikes in the world and I bet you grow to love it. Welcome to the forum.
You should be good on the stock chain if you go 16-47 (Not sure about 48).
The thing to remember is you need a 124 link chain (and you have one) :deal: to do the 16T-47 move.
Congrats again on the bike.

Congratulations on the new ride.
I'm running 16/47 gearing with the stock chain.
It shortens up the wheel base a little but fits fine.
I would add another link to make it perfect.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Try just the 16 front first (stock chain is fine). Most people feel that the -1 in front is perfect. I loved it but I have been doing too much highway lately so went back to the 17.

Back