FirstGear Kili Hi Waterproof Boots

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
While in VT buying the new FZ1 last weekend, they offered us 10% off any gear and accessories we wanted and this is good for two years. So I picked up new waterproof boots from FirstGear. Nearly ALL my gear is from FirstGear. I liked my last boot from them so why not. I bought them and wore them for the trip home. At first, I wasn't comfortable with them but by the time I got home, they'd given in a little and were quite comfortable.

I cannot tell you yet if they are, in fact, waterproof. But they do have a full length zipper with a velcro enclosure which makes them easy to put on and take off. The shin, toe and ankle areas are very rigid and seem like they will protect well. The toe has added protection for the shifter. They are very light-weight and comfortable. I wore them in the office yesterday afternoon after I returned from lunch. They run a little small. Order up one size from what you're used to. Traction is awesome without being too much. Overall, I'm extremely happy with these boots. The dealer was priced identical to Revzilla and I got the extra 10% off so it was a good deal.

I'd buy these again and recommend them to anyone looking for a quality boot with good protection that you'd feel comfortable walking in.

Attachments

• IMG_20140730_173318.jpg
    IMG_20140730_173318.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20140730_173337.jpg
    IMG_20140730_173337.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20140730_173348.jpg
    IMG_20140730_173348.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20140730_173355.jpg
    IMG_20140730_173355.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20140730_173408.jpg
    IMG_20140730_173408.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20140730_173433.jpg
    IMG_20140730_173433.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 111
Nice looking boots. What is the brand of the waterproof membrane they use?

It's nice you found a company that makes gear that fits you properly. :) it took me a few years of trial and error before I found the brands that I like best. Now, watch them change their designs on me

Dustin, it is HiPora for the fabric. My last boot from them was also the same and they did change it... a LOT but it was for the better. I like this boot even better because it offers more protection than the prior models.

Outside of gloves, all my overpants, jackets and boots have all been FirstGear. I'm not a fan of anything from Joe Rocket. I do like the Cortech stuff but that doesn't fit well, however Michele wears almost all Cortech gear.

And for shopping, I almost exclusively use www.mototcyclegear.com not only for the prices but for their level of customer service. They are the "L.L. Bean" of motorcycle gear.

Update: The stitching at the top of the expandable flap came undone and left all four layers open when the boot is off. Rather than return them and wait for warranty, I chose to just hand-stitch it and it's better than new. I'll keep an eye on the other boot. Other than this, they've broken in nicely and are even comfortable to walk around in. They are very much waterproof as that was tested recently. Still happy with them. Having one easily-repairable stitch come undone is not a show stopper. :D

It's disappointing to hear of a failure with First Gear. I'm sure they would have made it right if you had asked. I'm glad you were able to fix it yourself.

I have been happy with my A* waterproof boots. They only have Velcro closures and were more difficult to get on and off at first, but they broke in great in a few rides and are awesome now. They will need replaced in the next year or two and I will look at these First Gear boots. I do wish mine were taller and offered more shin protection. I bought them at a semi local store and they only had the shorter pair in stock. (About mid shin)

Back