Flip video

We finally had our first 80 degree day and my bike was ready to hit the road so I went out to northern Michigan's fruit country for a quick spin. Except for farm tractors and tourists, it's a nice place to play. Unfortunately I got behind a guy doing just fast enough to make passing a bit of a problem for quite a bit. I finally got around him and by then, the best part of the road was behind me. This is from a Flip cam and the worst part of the Flip is that is takes forever to upload. This 7 1/2 miute video took about an hour. I'm going to have to find a better way to upload.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5vaCCFwG_M]YouTube - Alden run (trimmed)[/ame]

First let me say that I commend you "Non Hooligan" style of riding. If I saw those really long lonely straights, I don't know if I would be able to hold back. That road was just screaming for a triple digit run! It's really beautiful there. For some reason, when I hear "Michigan", I immediately think of Detroit and a very urban, industrial setting. I see that its not the case. Very nice! I also saw your other video of the A/F meter. Nice job you did on the mounting. Whose gauge is that and will that work on a Gen1 bike. Last but not least, which pipe do you run, because it sounds louder than my D&D and everyone says that the D&D's sound the loudest. The flip camera worked nicely and has a nice picture and great sound. Keep em coming brother! Enjoy the weather. Billy.:Rockon:

I have to admit I was taking it pretty easy. I was cruising about 70-75 indicated. There are a lot of county mounties in the area and they just love to ticket riders. At one time my insurance costs for one vehicle was over $3000/yr and now that I have a clean record and insurance I can afford, I tend to take it easy. I can cover my bike and truck for about $1000/yr now. My can is a MIVV Suono with the DB killer installed. The guage was actually a kit provided by PROSPORT (prosportguages.com). It has the O2 sensor, a controller which basically connects the power, guage, and sensor via plug-in connectors. They also include a weld-in bung if you don't already have one. My bike had one already from the stock O2 sensor. It will work with any internal combustion engine and they tell you about how far downstream in the exhaust you need to put the sensor. If you watch the sensor you can see how rich the mixture gets on acceleration and where the lean spots are. I'm running Ivan's map anf if you look at the print-out, he adds a lot of fuel between 3250 and 9500 rpm in the 20 to 60 % throttle area. And you can feel it too. I might try a few other leaner maps to see how they compair.

It seems like a very quality camera, enjoy it.
As said above me you defently have strong self care. In this kind of strait road I would defenetly ride much faster on the FZ1.
Next time take us to the twisty roads.

Back