Flying the Flag makes me Racist???

Status
Not open for further replies.
:tdown: Have you seen this story. Apparently if I fly the flag on Australia Day I'm far more likely to be a racist!! According to a University Study :australia:

Well, if its from a university it must be right (or is that left??), especially when they interviewed a huge 500 people from Western Australia.....that's a whole 0.000025% of our population. How could you doubt figures like that???

The part that really made me laugh was "Many flag flyers also support the now-defunct White Australia Policy".......95% of those flying flags on their cars would not even recall the "White Australia Policy", of which the last elements were abolished in 1973.

Just another dodgy "survey" aimed at trying to sway public opinion.......and they say the Nazis were good a propaganda!

:australia:

Last edited:
Here in the uk some people think the st georges part of the union jack is a symbol of racism and many work places wont allow it to be worn ....... i suppose if you was a dragon you could have a point lol

You are just a victim of SIXHIRB, the seven deadly sins anyone who isn't considered liberal is accused of. It is used by the liberals to denigrate those that don't agree with them. Any position they don't agree with falls into one of these categories. That's what 40+ years of liberal education has given us.

Flying a national flag is especially bad as it hits four or five of the sins. Shame on you.

Sexist
Intolerant
Xenophobic
Homophobic
Islamophobic
Racist
Bigoted

As one who lives in WA I can say that you usually see the flag flying from bogans cars.

So there is a bit of a correlation there.

"bogan" is a term I haven't heard in years!

Further to the whole debate, I personaly don't agree with flags being flown from cars or worn as "clothing" or as some fashion item or used as curtians etc....flags should be on flag poles and treated with the respect that honours those who have served and died under them.

Only knew the confederate flag was attributed to racists (you know, "the South will rise again" anti-black venom).

Interesting how a national flag that is currently in use is depicted as symbolizing one segment of a population. How is that flag in Australia representing a separate group and not the whole country, at present? I guess I don't know enough of the modern history...

Further to the whole debate, I personaly don't agree with flags being flown from cars or worn as "clothing" or as some fashion item or used as curtians etc....flags should be on flag poles and treated with the respect that honours those who have served and died under them.
I do agree but I resent being shamed into not flying the flag by theses types of Surveys. I will also not buy an Australian Flag that was made in China. I have however got two small stickers on my Radiator sides but don't know where they were made.

For the benifit of "Non Aussies" the 26th January is Australia Day. I guess you could say it's the equivalent of the USA's 4th July. So Happy Australia Day for tomorrow everyone.

:australia::australia::australia::australia:

Now I'm not so much worried about flag waving as I am about the idiots that applied double demerit points in NSW from the 25th to 29th January. Come on, enough already.

So all of us in the defence forces that have the flag on our sleeve are all racist??? :gagged: :eyebrow:

I too wear the flag (albeit part time), however I am not a white Australian, so who am I meant to be discriminating against? : oops:

Being branded a racist (according to this survey) is so terribly confusing. :bs2:

Whole heartedly agree. If everyone had such a sense of respect for the flag, there would be a greater sense of national pride, and not a misguided use of it as a symbol for 'bogan' patriotism.

Hi Guys, I have been inactive in this forum for some time but thought I would throw something out there on this one.

Originally I am a Pom been out of england for over a decade, I do not take offence to being called a Pom, I simply accept the history of where it came from. Many mates call me pome Gazz.

Neither am I a racist as my son married a girl of Indian decent (half cast) and I have a granddaughter who could be termed as indian quarter cast.

When I ride my FZ1-N with my ventura pack rack and bag I have an Australian bandana tied to the bag (folded flat not flying like a flag) in full view of any driver / rider who would be behind me.

So if I am not a bogan, racist, white supremist, then I am not sure what I am apart from a pom who has made Australia his home has Australian born grandchildren, loves Australia and is proud to show it.

I also have a brain and mind of my own and don't need a survey or any immature, jumped up, oppinionated student to decide for me that I am a racist.

In writing this no hurt is intended to anyone who also has and is welcome to their own option.

Ride safe and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back