Foot Peg Question

T30

Is there something that attaches to the bottom of the foot peg (slider) on that small piece of metal under the foot peg that protrudes downward?

you talking about the footpeg "feeler" that's hanging off the outside edge of the pegs?

That's what it sounds like he's talking about. Nothing attaches to the footpeg feeler itself as you can see by the attached picture. They are designed to scrape the road before anything else and are replaceable.

There is an easy and cost effective way to shorten the feeler pegs. Just use the pavement on corners. Works for me.:sinister:

Seriously do you get down that far in the corners to drag the feelers? Thats freakin awesome i hope to do that some day but I'm a chicken and worry about my baby slipping out from under me. :shame:

Seriously do you get down that far in the corners to drag the feelers? Thats freakin awesome i hope to do that some day but I'm a chicken and worry about my baby slipping out from under me. :shame:

It's really not that hard to do even with the stock tires. The Canadian 2008 models came with Michellin Pilot Roads and for a stock tire I find them very good adheshion-wise in the corners. They also when warmed up are predictable and give signs of being on the verge of letting go. Unlike some of the Dunlops that I have used that feel fine and then let go. The only time I have slid the Michellins was when I ventured onto a virgin part of the tire when they were new. I am by no means the fastest thing on the road, compared to some of the guys on the site. But I do push the limits and love a twisty mountain road.

When spring comes a friend and I will be going out to do a combo photo / video shoot on some nearby corners. Even at legal speeds you can get close to dragging in the corners. Hopefully I can get a shot or two with sparks coming off the feeler peg.

Back