From US to the EU - cell phone questions!

Chandler

I am taking an extended vacation to fly from the US into Naples, Italy. I will be traveling to various other countries/ cities within a three week time span:
Amsterdam
Paris
Berlin
Brussels
Dublin
Barcelona

I need a data connection my my sell phone. It is a Galaxy S5, unlocked, capable of sticking a sim card from most carriers these days. My friend in Naples has Vodafone. That's great, but from what I understand I will be roaming in every new city since I am leaving the country. While yes I can use WiFi, I need to be able to have a constant connection in case the office calls me for an emergency.

My intentions are to get a skype number and use the data connection and skype subscription to communicate. Now I just need a cell phone carrier and plan. My friend with the Italian Vodafone has 250mb of data when he roams. How can I set it up so I can have more roaming data? Or is there a service out there that would cater better to me?

Thanks for any insight!

I can't offer much insight but when I visited Europe, I used a German SIM card for Germany and a little hotspot device that works for Austria and Italy. Because I had locals to hook me up, I don't really know about pricing or accessibility. Based on my research, it seems that you can't just get one SIM to cover you over all of Europe, sadly.

When I visit the USA, I have a SIM from T-Mobile that I use and it charges me $3/day for unlimited service. Perfect solution that covers me for the whole country. It would be cool if this was possible for Europe.

Good luck and share whatever info you find :)

Back