Front and Rear Turn Signals..

OK guys, so basically here is the deal. I bought the bike, and the thing has the rear fender delete. Well, the two small ass turn signals in the rear are hard to see. I believe there is a way to make my actual brake lights blink, would you happen to know how I can make those work as blinkers? Is it possible to have my little LED's and the rear left and right brake light work individually, or I dunno. I dont even care if those rear little lights dont work as long as my brake lights become the blinkers as they are hard to see.

This is all ive found for the rear, is that what I need?

http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/tail light fz1 01 int.htm

Now for the front, the dude used a crappy flush mounted setup which is just downright dangerous, and I need to get something there. Im thinking honestly just getting stock ones, or something of the like so people know I want to turn. What do you reccommend? Where can I get stock replacements if thats just the best way to do it?

Was looking at something like this... The only problem is I dont have the stock plates that hold the lights in place.. Dont have a clue where to get them..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMA...6501337QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Here are pictures for reference of what I have...

DSCF6467.jpg

DSCF6469.jpg

Last edited:
You may have to get some sheet metal or buy another fender eliminator that has signal mounts built in. Those LED sgnals look like they would work for both the front and back. The teeny, tiney signals are popular but in my opinion they should be on skate boards because other drives can't see the damned things, then the rider bitches about cars not reacting to their signals.

you can make the tail-lights blink as turn signals without buying a complete new tail-light... for $12 at Advance Auto Parts, you can get a 5 wire to 4 wire trailer light adapter, wire it into the tail light, and you'll have the flashing signals in the tail....

for the front, you need adapter plates to run those signals. The stock signals don't use adapter plates.

Like these : Turn Signal Adapter Plate Yamaha items - Get great deals on eBay Motors, R1 items on eBay.com!

Personally, I'd go with a better fitting / better lighted LED flushmount... and maybe add signals to the headlights ...

You may have to get some sheet metal or buy another fender eliminator that has signal mounts built in. Those LED sgnals look like they would work for both the front and back. The teeny, tiney signals are popular but in my opinion they should be on skate boards because other drives can't see the damned things, then the rider bitches about cars not reacting to their signals.

+1. All in the name of modding.

I'm still running stock signals on my Gen II which are a bit bulky. It seems like there are two extremes for turn signals... the huge stock size or the teeny tiny LEDS that are practically invisible in mid day sunlight. I would like something a little smaller than stock, but I am absolutley not willing to go with something that is difficult to see in the day time. My safety comes first. So far the only small signals I have found that look like they might meet my criteria for visibility are the X-arc turn signals. They are expensive, but appear to be very bright. I wish I knew someone locally so I could see them in person before I spend that kind of money.

The most popular front signals seem to be the Proton and Watsen, but I am still a bit leary of just how visible these signals truly are in the day time. I purchased a pair of light sockets to add bulbs to the corner of my headlights (pod lights) and havent installed them yet. I was considering making them function as turn signals and running lights, along with some smaller fairing signals (maybe X-arc).

Many of the sport bikes around my area are equipped with tiny LED signals and I havent seen one yet that works worth a squat in the daytime. I saw one of those integrated signal tail lights (has yellow and red LEDS) a few days ago. It was sunny outside and the integrated signals seemed to work pretty well, however they lost some visibility because of how close together they were.

I would love to see some video comparisons of stock vs X-arc, Proton, Watsen and other LED brand signals in mid day sunlight.

you can make the tail-lights blink as turn signals without buying a complete new tail-light... for $12 at Advance Auto Parts, you can get a 5 wire to 4 wire trailer light adapter, wire it into the tail light, and you'll have the flashing signals in the tail....

for the front, you need adapter plates to run those signals. The stock signals don't use adapter plates.

Like these : Turn Signal Adapter Plate Yamaha items - Get great deals on eBay Motors, R1 items on eBay.com!

Personally, I'd go with a better fitting / better lighted LED flushmount... and maybe add signals to the headlights ...

Would it be possible to show up a wiring diagram of how the rear is done with that box?

And also, that ebay link none of those other than blue ones are for an FZ1... Do like some other models fit the 02 FZ1's?

EDIT: Found these, are these what I need?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...7ffbe5171&rvr_id=&ua=WVF?&itemid=380245875189

Last edited:
Back