Front Brakes Rubbing....

BroHay

Stihl Loves Trees
So, upgraded the brake pads to Brembo and painted the calipers. Didn't ride with my MP3 player today and heard some metallic rubbing. Upon closer inspection, both the right/left pads are rubbin on the rotors. It is not binding it to generate unwanted heat, for I rode around the block and touched the rotors afterwards and they were not warm.

This is the first vehicle I've tinkered with, but is there something that can be done to eliminate this, or is it something that I have to live with?

Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks,
BroHay

it's pretty normal.... but... just for fun, pull the pins and take a look... sometimes the pins get grooves in them and don't allow the pads to move well.... a bit of grease on the pins on the re-install can help the pads slide... but other than that... yeah. Normal.

typically, it's because the rear isn't used as much... that, and it might have something to do with the position of the calipers... with gravity and whatnot....

for grease, I always just use a VERY THIN layer of axle grease.. or whatever I have close... as long as it will go on thin, and not drip onto the pads... ... I wish they'd put a sleeve on the inside of the brake pad holes.

Back