Hey guys, The bike is 15 years old (2003 Fz1) and only has 4000 miles on it. I just bought the bike and have spent a little money getting it road worth again and figured as long as the forks are being torn apart to replace the seals that are leaking what else in the forks should I change to improve theFZ 1000 Bumble bee.jpg performance of the bike. I mean isn't now the time to do it since its going to be apart anyways. Any suggestions would be great. It will also be getting the carbs rebuilt at the same time any suggestions on upgraded carb rebuild kits would help as well. By up grading I mean reliability and maybe a little performance. I want to do whats best for a bike of this age with such low miles.

https://www.998cc.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=24369&d=1514307310&thumb=1&stc=1

I'm also interested in the M4 stubby carbon fiber exhaust i found on ebay does anyone have a pic of it installed on a first gen.

thanks in advance and Merry Xmas.

Welcome and congrats on the "Bee"! I loved that color scheme. As for your forks, only thing short of sending them out for a total revalving, would maybe look into some springs to better match your weight. As for the carbs, my GenI had "Ivan's Performance" Jet Kit installed and it totally transformed the bike into a much more enjoyable ride. Let us know how it goes. Enjoy!

Back