Front suspension issues

Okay guys I have a question for you FZ experts. I picked up a wrecked 2012 FZ1 with 4k miles on it super cheap and replaced the front forks and triples (bent).

The replacement forks (from eBay, unkown history) almost feel like there is a little wiggle or play inside of them. It's hard to describe but when I hit a bump it almost feels like the front wheel might move back and forth a teeny tiny bit or like something is rubbing on the inside or something is a little loose/has some play. They look perfect, there is no play I can elicit by hand. So I'm guessing it's got to be internal.

They still perform fine but something just feel a little off in the front end when I hit bumps compared to all my previous bikes. It almost feels as if there is a tiny bit of vibration or something when they are compressing/rebounding, they just don't feel quite as smooth as what I am used to.

I have not even opened them up yet (I know I know I should have done that already). I've got fresh fluid for them and just wanted to see if you had any suggestions on what to look at when pulling them apart.

Anything else in the front end that might cause this? Steering stem/head bearings have 100 miles on them (replaced them when I swapped forks). The bike tracks fine and takes bumps just fine it just feels a tiny bit off.

Thanks,
Spencer

Do you get a noise or clunk when you feel the suspension move? Anything else you notice? Have you checked the wheel bearings and the alignment of the front end? Maybe they're twisted slightly? I am just taking shots at the dark here

Maybe just double check the tension on the head bearings. Had a friend do his and they had not seated down properly when he fitted them. Needed to retension after a while.

Back