Fuel / Petrol - Grades & RON ?

with additives, or strict racing fuel, I thought racing fuel (100-110 Octane) was leaded... that really cannot be good for the engine, can it, I'vee always wondered what would happen with 110 octane racing fuel...

Leaded gasoline is not bad for an engine per say. The lead actually acts as a lubricant, but it destroys catalytic converters and is probably not that great for spark plugs, not to mention the environment.

Unless your engine is turbocharged, supercharged or has very high compression to take advantage of the high octane it's just a waste of money. Your street engine that runs fine on regular gasoline isn't going to make any more power with 110 octane gas.

I used premium for the first couple of tanks because I assumed that an R1 derived engine making 150hp surely would need it... until I read the owner's manual and found that regular (87 octane) is actually recommended. I noticed several miles per gallon increase and the engine seems even happier with regular unleaded, I'm definitely not complaining!

Back