Fueling etc

Got an 09 FZ1 with a screaming little carbon exhaust, only fitted it sunday...
it pops and backfires like B*tch.....i love that sound but its doing it ALOT!

Anybody reccomend a place to go and get my fueling/timing etc set up to get my bike running sweet with the new exhaust.

i know getting the old power commander and dyno donw will sort it but that looks like £400 i havent got, there must be another way!

If you have a search on here, you'll find that the popping on the overrrun is caused by the AIS system.
The AIS can be blocked off for no more than a few pounds and about half an hours work.

take the top fairing off and the side black fairing sides too lift the tank up and prop it up next take the air filter top cover off (loads of screws) take filter out and you will see a hole and a pipe underneath it remove pipe and block this hole with a bung refit pipe and air filter,also air box cover and refit tank be cafeful not to kink the fuel line and redone all the fairing.If you need more info video's check out youtube for AIS by cooperdog,no need to dyno.You can also add an ivan add on to stop the sound more as doing the above it will still pop on closed throttle but not as much.

from what I gather the ecu and o2 sensor will regulate your fuel mixture accordingly without going to a mechanic......................the poping is just the over run that is buring excess fumes.

Save the money on the dyno for now and just run the Dukes stage 1 smoothed map. You still have to do the AIS trick but that is dirt cheep.

Get back to us if that is not enough power for you. I may be plenty.

AW

Back