Fz-07

i was just reading about this. i want one, bad. for commuting they're perfect. i mean, i guess the fz09 is too, they're underpowered sadly but for an around town bike, i'd love it, and keep my fz1 for my non commuting street stuff

Yamaha is coming on strong suddenly! It was Honda with a bunch of new models - but Yamaha is reaching for that smaller cycle crowd that seems to be the new target. Very cool!

Tests sounded great. The bike has lots of torque and I would not say it's underpowered, I mean who is keeping the Fz1 always above 9k rpm?

In Europe the are sold as MT which stands for mosters of torque and from what I read they are very cool all around bikes for the street. Personally I like a bike you can really press to it's limits. The Fz1 is usually above my limits ;).

The FZ-07 is officially on the US Yamaha site. It looks to be a great bike, but $1000 more gets you the FZ-09.

There is still a place for the FZ-07. It's more bike than the Ninja 650 for less money. I really think a windshield would help it.

That's interesting in Germany the Fz07 (MT 07 there) is much cheaper compared to the MT09. I somewhat guess they will not make half fared versions. The MT (monsters of torque) series was always naked and more of a fun bike while the Fz's were the sport touring versions. Now in the US the naming convention is different and the new MTs are Fzs so who knows.

I guess that Yamaha will make new sports tourer soon. Maybe they will provide a smaller fjr and get rid of the original Fz series or they just need more time to develop a really new sports tourer. Personally I think Yamaha is on the right way with the new bikes. More real life bikes that make lots of fun, these sell much better and convince people to invest into a new bike. Hopefully they will provide something more sporty than an Fjr but in the 1000cc range.

Back