FZ-Forum Projector Retrofitting Group Buy

Rabbitman109

So, I think it is time to offer a group buy on my retrofitting services. I have had tons of interest over the last few months, and I think that a little discount would help everyone even more to be able to do this. This group buy is for retrofitting services, not just the kit. I still offer the kit discounted from TRS, if you would like to do the work yourself.

The details are as follows:

6 people must confirm, and make payment by 3/29/13. Payment plans are accepted, however standard payment plan terms still apply. For payment plans, a contract must be signed, with plan details. Down payment of the payment plan holds your spot.

This is first come first served. I am only one person. It is going to take time to get through all the retrofits, and as this is a multi-site group buy, I could have a handful to do. The first one to sign up and pay is the first retrofit I do. Extra headlight's may be available, ask for details.

The discount after 6 people have been reached: $75 off, almost 20% off. (Standard 2 bulb headlight)

Another reason for the group buy, is that I am trying to raise money for the forums. Dennis has done so much that we should give back, more than we already have. I am going to give him DOUBLE the amount that I normally do for each retrofit, once we reach the required amount of buyers.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask.

CONFIRMED SO FAR:

1. harrisch - Paid
2. bavarianmw - Paid

Last edited:
COuld you do the retrofit with the n headlight and a bi xenon bulb? If so I am in and can PayPal you.... Also I am the same harrisch who said I would be getting this from you on the fz6r forum, but I obviously ended up changing bikes haha

COuld you do the retrofit with the n headlight and a bi xenon bulb? If so I am in and can PayPal you.... Also I am the same harrisch who said I would be getting this from you on the fz6r forum, but I obviously ended up changing bikes haha

I sure could. I am offering $45 off the single headlights. Yeah, changing bikes I see. Definitely an upgrade though!

I sure could. I am offering $45 off the single headlights. Yeah, changing bikes I see. Definitely an upgrade though!

Ok awesome, and the single headlight would be the FX-R on TRS or what do you use?

also, i know the N headlight has to have its wiring harness modified compared to the stock two headlight set up, but do you know if the hookups with the HID retrofit would be the same...

i guess what im asking is, can you use a stock harness when hooking up HID retrofits to a stock FZ1 headlight setup - because then i would assume the same would be true for the N headlight conversion....

Lastly, would you paint the housings black also? i know in your other threads uve mentioned doing angel eyes and LEDs but what about a black housing.

Thanks so much for the info! im going to order the N conversion kit right now and then i can send u the headlight after.

Ok awesome, and the single headlight would be the FX-R on TRS or what do you use?

also, i know the N headlight has to have its wiring harness modified compared to the stock two headlight set up, but do you know if the hookups with the HID retrofit would be the same...

i guess what im asking is, can you use a stock harness when hooking up HID retrofits to a stock FZ1 headlight setup - because then i would assume the same would be true for the N headlight conversion....

Lastly, would you paint the housings black also? i know in your other threads uve mentioned doing angel eyes and LEDs but what about a black housing.

Thanks so much for the info! im going to order the N conversion kit right now and then i can send u the headlight after.

I use the Mini H1 projector, as it has a better beam pattern than the Mini D2S. The FX-R adds cost because it is much better. I try to keep things affordable, and the FX-R would be more expensive parts wise and labor wise as well.

The only thing that the HID kit needs is an H4 connection to get the high beam signal. So with the stock FZ1, it only uses one of the H4 connectors anyway. The N has one H4 compared to two, so you're good there. No special harness needed.

I can paint the housings any color. The group buy just reduces the price of the total retrofit. If you add options, that is up to you. Colors, Angel Eyes, Pod lighting, LED strips, all extra. Paint is a popular option, just as popular as the Angel Eye.

I use the Mini H1 projector, as it has a better beam pattern than the Mini D2S. The FX-R adds cost because it is much better. I try to keep things affordable, and the FX-R would be more expensive parts wise and labor wise as well.

The only thing that the HID kit needs is an H4 connection to get the high beam signal. So with the stock FZ1, it only uses one of the H4 connectors anyway. The N has one H4 compared to two, so you're good there. No special harness needed.

I can paint the housings any color. The group buy just reduces the price of the total retrofit. If you add options, that is up to you. Colors, Angel Eyes, Pod lighting, LED strips, all extra. Paint is a popular option, just as popular as the Angel Eye.

Alright well if im gonna do this i think id like to just go ahead and pay for the better bulb and go for the FX-R, could you give me a cost estimate for the FX-R retrofit and black painted housing?

Alright well if im gonna do this i think id like to just go ahead and pay for the better bulb and go for the FX-R, could you give me a cost estimate for the FX-R retrofit and black painted housing?

Not to deter you, but that projector is also larger and heavier than the Mini's. I am really not even sure if it will fit in the headlight housing. I just want to make sure that you are happy with it, and I am not sure if it will be possible with the FX-R. I'm always up for a challenge though.

Last edited:
But if you are willing to give me some time I would be willing to try.

Sent from my Transform Ultra using Tapatalk 2

i just ordered my conversion kit, id be ok with you taking your time because i still need to get mirrors and bar ends and all that before i can even install the kit, ill send you a PM when my stuff gets in and we can figure out shipping and the finer details for the retrofit - thanks!

i just ordered my conversion kit, id be ok with you taking your time because i still need to get mirrors and bar ends and all that before i can even install the kit, ill send you a PM when my stuff gets in and we can figure out shipping and the finer details for the retrofit - thanks!

You take care of shipping to me, and I cover shipping back to you. Makes it easy. We will work out the details of your order when you are ready.

Testimonial from Cambo on the FZ8 forums:

To the folks who've already signed up:

You're making a great decision. Pics don't do Chad's work justice...looks a million times more bad *** in person. I'm lucky enough to live within driving distance so I had the opportunity to meet Chad and I can say he's a good, genuine, and trustworthy dude. He treats every bike like it's his own and is a hell of a perfectionist lol. Damn near had to steal my bike from him beacause he didn't like how the beam pattern angle was off by .0001354 of a millimeter or whatever. Anyway, I gave my bike back to him to let him work his magic on a cooler looking custom retrofit and I'm excited as hell to see the results.

To the folks who are on the fence about it:

Stop it. Go for the retrofit. It's money well spent for an invaluable, beast mode mod. At Chad's prices, it's a steal. You get an awesome end product, no headache (from attempting it yourself), and time you can devote to something else (other mods, family, etc). One ride with the new HIDs and you'll be glad you did it. I was grinning from ear to ear when I first switched them on at night.

I'm not getting ANYTHING out of posting this up; no discounts, no nothing. I really am just trying to recommend a very good thing for the FZ8 community done by a very good dude from our FZ8 community.

lol one more question for u, how do you aim the lights? and is there any way for me to adjust it once i get the light back from u? like on cars theres usually knobs u can turn to at least change elevation, is there something similar on the bike?

What is OTD for the fz1n mod as you suggest. No led or anything fancy, just bixenon or projector setup. Money is tight right now. I have a trip planned in April and another in August.

lol one more question for u, how do you aim the lights? and is there any way for me to adjust it once i get the light back from u? like on cars theres usually knobs u can turn to at least change elevation, is there something similar on the bike?

Yes, there are adjuster screws on the bike. I plan to adjust them the best that I can

Sent from my Transform Ultra using Tapatalk 2

First, I want to thank everyone who participated in the group buy. It was a huge success. Some people have gotten their headlights back already, and I am working hard on wrapping up the ones that I have left. Here are the group buy results from all 4 forums:

FZ6-Forum: Some interest, but no one ever confirmed. Next time guys!

FZ6R-Forum: 4 confirmed

FZ8-Forum: 4 confirmed

FZ1-Forum: 2 confirmed

That is a total of 10 retrofits! That is $200 donated to Dennis for the forums! I couldn't be happier. Such a great thing to get mods, and help the forum at the same time! I am already hearing a handful of happy customers! Looking forward to seeing all the result pictures. Thanks again guys.

:cheers:

Back