FZ1 -07 Turbo (pictures)

Mr Helmut

Thought i would post a couple pics on my modified Fz1, can you see the mod?:D

Test drove it for the first time yesterday after 9 months of work, and its quick.

//Alex

IMAG1243.jpg

IMAG1240.jpg

IMAG0924.jpg

Very nice! Would you post a few more photos of the actual turbo and the plumbing?

Also tell us a little more about the build. Is the motor stock, or did you lower the compression, etc. How much boost?

This has to be about the coolest first post anyone has very done here.

Very nice! Would you post a few more photos of the actual turbo and the plumbing?

Also tell us a little more about the build. Is the motor stock, or did you lower the compression, etc. How much boost?

This has to be about the coolest first post anyone has very done here.

Yesterday I was boosting 0,7bar (and almost fliped over at 120km/h). The turbo will do for 350 horspower but I have a goal on 250 brake horsepower. It will be adjusted in a dyno within a couple of weeks. Yes the engine has a lower compression. I also logg the data in the engine.

Its has 8 injectors and 2 injection system, one to controll the engine without boost and one when the hell starts. :D

Im a engineer so almost all parts are made from my CAD

Avgassystem3.jpg

IMAG0508.jpg

Here you can see a bit more of the plumbing (and me posing :p) the bike was not yet finished here.
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the posting the photos. The manifold looks great, very nicely done. I really enjoy seeing people make custom parts vs. buying something off the shelf.

Please keep us updated throughout the dyno tuning process.

Wow very nice! I bet that is one mean "wheelie" machine. Please let us know what kind of horsepower it puts down when you get it to the dyno.

Fz1 turbo

Hi Mr Helmut, thanks for the pictures. Your engineering skills are high to adapt a turbo to your FZ1N, that is very impressive. Good luck on that bad boy.:worship:

omg!!!!!! how much for you to do that on my bike!?!?!?!?!?!!?! seriously, i'm interested.....what would it cost me

Let me put it in the dyno first :D

I found out from my logsystem that i had boosted it with 0,8bar yesterday after sorting the data.

180kpa is 80kpa over the atmospheric pressure so that means 0,8bar overboost or 11,6 psi (in USA units)

Need to put stiffer springs in the frontfork. Any springs that always are used to this bikes?

I found out from my logsystem that i had boosted it with 0,8bar yesterday after sorting the data.

180kpa is 80kpa over the atmospheric pressure so that means 0,8bar overboost or 11,6 psi (in USA units)

Need to put stiffer springs in the frontfork. Any springs that always are used to this bikes?

Very nice! For springs, you can contact Racetech and tell them what you've done and how much you weigh and they will size a set for you. Typically about $110 USD for a pair of them. Stock FZ1 is .920 kg/mm. The online Calc says for me at 220 lbs without gear and a 468 lb bike, the recommended Fork Spring Rate: 1 kg/mm

For the rear: REAR SHOCK SPRINGS
Recommended Shock Spring Rate: 14.82 kg/mm (use closest available)
Stock Shock Spring Rate: 12.0 kg/mm (stock)

Funny thing is... they don't make a spring that big. 11.6 is the highest they go! DOH!!!

Last edited:
All hail the new FZ1n king !!! :worship:fantastic work mate, you have excellent skills . It is great to see something different from the norm, i am curious as how ridable the bike is with the turbo. Is the power linear and does the power come on smooth? & is the rest of your bike stock = suspension, brakes & tyres?.

impressive piece of work....!!definitely the coolest naked FZ1 so far...interested to learn how this beauty will handle with all power unleashed..make sure though YOU control the bike :wow:

Very cool !!! - Did you buy anything as a " kit " or did you buy the turbo and build all the rest yourself ?

Hard to see in the pics, is that an air/air intercooler in front of the radiator ?

That has to be a blast to ride, - nothing beats boost.

Last edited:
Back