FZ1 Logo stickers

I just replaced my fairing and need to put the FZ1 stickers on the side to finish the job. I know I read some tips somewhere but my search skills are very poor.

Any tips on how I can get them on straight without ruining them? Thanks.

I just replaced my fairing and need to put the FZ1 stickers on the side to finish the job. I know I read some tips somewhere but my search skills are very poor.

Any tips on how I can get them on straight without ruining them? Thanks.

When I used to work in a paint shop we would use water with a little bit of dish soap in it and soak down the surface we wanted to apply the sticker to. Then slap on the sticker and float it around to exactly where you want it. Then dry off the area around it and squeegee the soapy water from behind the sticker. It isnt going anywhere after that.

Yup! Brad's idea is carried over to all these new protective films for touch screens like the IPhone, IPad, IPod, Droids, etc... the kit comes with the spray bottle of a slippery substance so you can position the "decal" properly then squeegee out the excess. Worked perfectly on the Droid X and again on my truck decals.

The best way is to peel and fold about 1/2 inch and line it up. Stick the 1/2 bit down and then slowley peel back while pressing with a soft cloth.

good luck.

Back