FZ1 ...... Losing my digital Display

Hi guys ,.... Wonder if anybody can help....... Switched my Fz1 on after a couple of months winter break..... Engine fired , but no digital display and also no rev counter movement......... Stopped engine removed and checked relevant fuse but no problem .... Refitted the fuse and on start -up the display and rev counter worked !...... Left it a few days and the same scenario,.... but now the display is very faint and appears a bit milky.
I've tried cleaning the fuse and rattling the wires /connections but nothing seems to alter the fault.
Once I had a bit of display I took the bike for a long ,hard ride to see if the display would improve , but, it actually looks dimmer !
I did remove the battery for charging a day prior to the fault occurring but was careful in how I removed and re-connected .... I,m thinking maybe a voltage drop or maybe dampness in the display unit somewhere ..... Any body had a similar experiences ??

The displays are very sensitive to voltage variations, mine being similar. It has been known to be a bad battery, or voltage regulator/ rectfier.

I've had a quick look at a manual and there's a common live feed from the battery , through a couple of fuses and connectors and into the Multi-display and the Tachometer ... Maybe if I run a cable from the battery ,(fused), direct to the instrument display it might reveal a leakage or poor connection ??...... As the unit is fed on standby by the Battery I've discounted the Reg/Rec. I've also discounted the battery as it seems full of charge .... The only thing that seems to effect the fault is either disconnecting the fuse or battery , but, still not giving full brightness , though the tacho then works ... Weird,
I,ve glanced through the threads and a few people seem to have an identical problem ... Annoying .

My FZ1 2007 stayed a week near my house, on the street, it was raining hard, but bike was undercover.
Today I started it, everything works fine, lights, turns, bike starts, but.. digital display and rev counter doesn't work.
What can it be ?

Back