Fz1

hi pal..
I had a mechanic change the plugs for me but I’m not sure if he did a resistance check (probably not)
How was your bike acting after the 2 coils went?

Hi, If the plugs were changed recently, then they are more than likely fine. It's the Ignition coils that need to be tested. My bike had a hard start. Had to hold throttle open a little to get bike to start. Bike would stall after being started maybe 30 seconds. Once started, bike sounded like it wasn't running on all cylinders. Hesitant and erratic. I then received error codes on the dash. 33, 34,35. Researched it. Tested 2 of the coils and they were below spec when tested. I replaced them. Bike fired up as normal.

hi pal.. the bike starts up first touch of the button doesn’t stall/cut out once started.
revs fine from stationary all the way to redline, but under load at around 7000 rpm it kind of holds back. It’s as if it’s being starved of fuel after 7000 rpm.
Im gonna put some fuel treatment in it and clean the fuel pump filter this wk end hopefully.

I forgot to add this to my comment. It took me about a week to diagnose my issue. My bike also would be fine at anything over 2000 rpm. Anything under and it sputtered like it was starving for fuel. I also thought i had a kinked line but my bike has the fuel line mod already. Let us know how the fuel pump works out. Could also be a batch of bad gas?

Back