FZ1n Tyres - Australia

:chat:

Dear Members

I am about to do my 10k service for my Fz1n in 2 weeks time and thinking of putting new tyres to it. I ride to work every day and on weekends a lot of riding on the windy hills and some tight corners. I am looking for a good tyre which has got a lot of grip/sticks on the road. Can some please suggest me a good tyre.

And also some advise on rear tyre - 190/50 vs 190/55?

I just checked the website, a pair of michelins and Pirelli would cost around $500. So if someone could let me know the cheapest way to ship into Australia would help me to save $$$$.

I'm in the same boat and will be buying a set of tyres soon... I'll be going with Michelin pilot Road 3... You can get them $450 fitted... from the reviews, they are pretty grippy tyres and last a while too...

not sure about the size change though and curious about it too

I think most people would suggest the pilot road 2's or 3's for you. The 3's are supposed to be a little better in the rain. I have not used either tire but they seem to get good reviews.

and I don't think it's worth importing the tyres either... once you factor shipping cost, it's not worth it

I just ordered some bt16s from jakewilson and it was 150 cheaper than a store quote. So with that difference i ordered tyre changing tools and dynabeads. Will never take my wheels to a tyre shop in perth.

I just ordered some bt16s from jakewilson and it was 150 cheaper than a store quote. So with that difference i ordered tyre changing tools and dynabeads. Will never take my wheels to a tyre shop in perth.

For the Michelin it's $395 delivered... only saving $55... you then have to put it on yourself (if you have the tools) or pay someone to do it...

Mate,

I also commute (rain, hail and shine) and ride twisties on weekends. I'm currently running Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2's front and rear. I've got a 190/55 on the rear due to the bike shop not having a 190/50 and I really needed a new tyre there and then. Whilst I was sceptical about the 190/55 I have actually found it good (bit quicker turn in) but I don't think it makes as much difference as some people make out. As far as the Pirellis are concerned I think they are a really great tyre.....they stick well in the twisties, stick well in the wet and seem to be giving decent mileage (kilometerage?).

My previous tyres were Pilot Road 2. They too were very good although the technology is now getting a bit old. I got about 10000km from them and probably would have got 12000km except for a puncture and split carcass (hence the need to get a new tyre!). They were good in the wet and stuck ok, although I think the Pirellis stick better.

Australian Road Rider magazine just did a test on Dunlop SportSmarts and they reckon they were very good in both wet and dry too.

Everyone will have differing opinions, so I reckon just buy a set of whatever you like.......all reputable tyre brands these days are pretty good.

Good luck!

For the Michelin it's $395 delivered... only saving $55... you then have to put it on yourself (if you have the tools) or pay someone to do it...

Yeh but you dont change tyres only once. I will race eventually so it was worth the investment. I dont mind doing things like that, i will be doing all my own servicing til im old and decaying.

I would have to agree with Super Googan. I have the PR2's on mine and find them an awesome tyre. I try not to ride in the rain which PR3's are reportedly a better tyre so i'll be going for the PR2's again come change time!

Not in australia... from jakewilson

You can get Pilot road 2 fitted for $399 from Motorcycle Tyres & Precision Service Repairs, Yuasa Batteries CTEK Chargers Contour HD

I rath pay a bit extra for the 3 as I ride all year round.. I feel really nervous riding in the rain on this bike... need something grippy... so many oil patches on the road...
I am running the pilot road 3`s on my FZ1 08,they cost around $560 fitted here [mid north coast NSW], if you take only the wheels in.Looking at fitting them myself next time, best price I can find for the pilot road 3 is about $418 Au delivered

I am running the pilot road 3`s on my FZ1 08,they cost around $560 fitted here [mid north coast NSW], if you take only the wheels in.Looking at fitting them myself next time, best price I can find for the pilot road 3 is about $418 Au delivered

Quote for PR3 from Peter Steven's, Adelaide - Front - $219 and rear $314 adds up - $533 + fitting charges. around $50. Where can I get for $418? Please let me know.

Thank you for you advise. I really appreciate it. I dropped into peter steven's adelaide and got the following quote......

Pirelli Diablo Rosso II ----- F - $199 --- R - $297 Total - $496
Mich PR2 ------------------- F - $210 --- R - $305 Total - $515
Mich PR3 ------------------- F - $219 --- R - $314 Total - $533
Dunlop Road smart -------- F - $180 --- R - $270 Total - $450.

The above prices does not include fitting charges. So add another $50 or $60.

So if anyone can suggest a good deal from online, importing to Australia would be very helpful. I am thinking of doing a major upgrade one by one, so even saving $100 would be handy.

Quote for PR3 from Peter Steven's, Adelaide - Front - $219 and rear $314 adds up - $533 + fitting charges. around $50. Where can I get for $418? Please let me know.
Ebay, at the moment $447 is the best price,but I have seen them before for $418,just keep your eye open for them to come on again [I hope]

Ebay, at the moment $447 is the best price,but I have seen them before for $418,just keep your eye open for them to come on again [I hope]

Is it from Australia or US?

I just checked JakeWilson website as suggested by another member. A pair of PR3 costs about $394 delivered to Adelaide. Can I trust JakeWilson?

Hi mate I am thinking of buying tires from JAKEWILSON.com For a Pilot road 3 its only $394 including delivery, where as Peter Steven's quoted me $533. Please let me know how you went with jakewilson.com I never bought anything online and this is the first time I am thinking of it. Please advise. Cheers.

Back