Fz1s display intermittently working.

Jon

Good evening all,

Sorry to post this thread again but I think I posted it in the wrong section before.

I am new to the forum so please bear with me.

I have recently passed my test and have the pleasure to ride a 58 reg Fz1s with 15k on the clock.

My question is, has anyone ever come across an issue with the display working ok then suddenly stops at random points? The display will work again but I have too either disconnect the battery or I've also found removing the main 50amp fuse for a few minutes does the trick too.

The lights all work ok and the indicator signal/neutral light still works too.

I have checked the connections to the display and these look to be ok and dry, I have also checked the stator plugs and these are dry too.

The bike was stood for around a year in a garage and the guy who had it before me jumped started it and then the issue started.

If anyone could assist that would be great.

Kind regards,

Jon.

I know this is old post I wondered if you ever got it figured out? I had a similar issue with my 04 and it turned out to be “the white connector of death”. There’s a large white six prong connector underneath the gas tank that tends to burn out. In my case, I just took the connector apart and hardwired it and that solved my issue. Apparently, this is common on a lot of bikes.

Reminds me of burning my fingers on the melting wire down there...
and that the emergency patch to get home is still there, 3 years later. Bet it will come back to haunt me.

Hi emhomes,
Sorry for the late reply, yeah I managed to get it sorted, I sent it away to a company in Norfolk (scorpio electronics). It is a common problem where the internal power supply fails apparently, £135 for repair and comes with 1 year warranty. The guy was great and assured me he has never had one come back after repaired and he's done several hundred of them ‍♂️.

Hope this helps,

Ride safe,
Jon.

Back