FZ1S GEN2 CUTS OUT WHEN 1ST GEAR IS SELECTED

crowy

Hi All i am currently running a fz1s gen 2 and all of a sudden when i select 1st gear to set off the bike cuts out. i have check the side stand switch and clutch switch with a continuity meter and they are both ok. i have try bridging the connections on both and they are still the same. I have also tried the fault code set on 20 / 21 and they are both showing off when gear is selected on both side stand and clutch lever. The bike will run fine until i select 1ST gear ????? Has anyone had the same issues i need help.

Last edited:
Update
Bike is now fixed
I got the wiring diagram out and started to do some digging. I found the side stand switch and clutch switch went to the cut out relay and then the relay tell the ecu to cut the bike out if the clutch switch or side stand switch are not working properly. I tested the wiring at the cut out relay with my electrical meter side stand was showing a good earth though continuity. I got a open and closed circuit when I tested the clutch so both where working properly. So the next step was to check the diodes in the relay for continuity and I notice one of them was not showing the right result. So I decided to replace the cut out relay under the seat. Once replaced bingo all good and bike fixed.

Back