FZ8 Handlebars

aus_andyk

Hey FZ1 Modders.

I've done searches, but can't find a definitive answer on what the benefits are to installing handlebars from an FZ8 on an FZ1.

I know a few on here have done it, plus others have gone aftermarket.

If the benefits meet my requirements, including low cost, I'll see about sourcing one.

Looking for feedback to make an informed decision.

Cheers

The setup I settled on after owning three of these bikes is:
- Neken Mx 28.6mm 1-1/8" Motocross Dirt Bike Handlebar Mounts w/ 10mm Screws
-- Threaded portion is perfect length, although you won't be able to use any adjusting spacers included
- Pro Taper Contour Black bar mini low bend
-- Height, reach, and sweep all feel like a good balance between travel and sporty riding
- I need some bar weights to deal with the vibration for longer trips, just haven't decided on what to buy yet.

What I get is a slightly wider bar, with more leverage and a more forward body position without being hard on my wrists. Styling-wise, it gives the bike a little bit of an updated look, the taper bars being the same style as the MT.

Having said all that, if you're looking for a cheap option to get a lower bar position, and want to build in some adjustability with the stock bars.. I'd recommend:
- The lower risers from the FZ8 coupled with something like the Ballards height adjuster kit, or
- The Suzuki risers

Those options will let you test the forward lean without a massive financial commitment, and it's a quick/easy job to put lower risers in. You won't get wider bars, but it's also easy to go back to stock if you don't like it.

Back