FZS1000 2002 second gear question.

FZzzzz1

I have FZS1000 2002. Currently experiencing, let's say, a "hiccup" while I'm hard on the thorttle in the second gear. I have a feeling that something is slipped in one moment. This is happening only in second gear on hard acceleration, on about 5,5k rpm... It doesnt stall, or continues to do that. In only happends in that particular moment. It doesn't occur in other gears. Bike runs smooth, powerful, noise is perfectly normal. Did anyone experienced the same thing? I'm about to replace chaing and sprockets, since they are on the end of life... I changed the sparkplugs, cleaned air filter and done oil change. Any idea or info are welcome.

Best regards.

I had the same on my 2003 at about 66.000 km (40.000 mls). It is due to the 2nd gear jumping out for a moment because of worn out shifting fork. I must admit that I had ridden her hard quite often. Especially the gear changes between 1st and 2nd were torture for her in my early times when I used to ride her really hard.
You have 2 alternatives to fix the problem.
a) Disassemble the engine from top down and change the according shifting fork. Reassemble everything and hope it works fine then.
b) Buy a new (used) engine for around 600$ or so.

For my bike, I selected b).
The sprockets and chain have nothing to do with that.

Back