Gen 1 Mirrors.........

As we all know the stock mirrors, while remaining clear and not blurring, 'at least on my bike' you have to squeeze your arms to your torso and all to get any kind of view rearward. No I'm not portly or a wide-body, but it's not an easy quick look to the rear through the mirrors. What have you guys found that sets more outward and gives you a quick view without contorting your body to see? How are you likeing the bar-end types? I'd prefer not to have bar-ends due to the vunerability and my close parking quarters, and I just don't care for them in this aplication, ....others mabe..... but not the FZ1 Gen 1. I'v spoted Rizzoma's somewhere while surfing I think, but the price was a killer, I'll let someone pay Rizoma's mortgage thank you very much..... but hay, theres got to be another application worthy of the FZ's looks and with a wider field of view. Thanks in advance all. Rich

wider

If all you want to do is widen the mirrors spread then check out the twisted throttle site. they make extentions that fit into the hinge/ swivel at the fairing mount point and add a couple of inches length.

TwistedThrottle.com

Last edited:
fuzzyone mirror mod....have to post link later, but enter it into the search engin on the "other" forum

have a set of bar end mirrors....tried...but hit me with a PM if you want to discuss further...let them go WAAAAAYYYY under the retail price..

FTR....I purchased these from PJParts, so they are OEM and not some knock off....just getting too much grief from the wife....and I can't take the abuse anymore...hehehe

What you need to do mate is get yourself a set of the oe black mirrors fitted onto the 2009 model they look a lot better and give you a better rear view without pulling your elbows in . I managed to get myself a set and i'm really pleased with the results .

Naked bikes require a special perch that usually attach to the handlebars or have a mount built into the controls of the bike.

Mamayama did away with the mount on the clutch side, but there is one, for gen 1 anyways, that is on the brake side.

As for the year, find a style you like and then try to find the appropriate mount(s) that fit a 7/8" bar, or the correct sized diameter bar if running something different.

Last edited:
Back