Gen 2 manual radiator fan switch

Hey everyone. Ok So Im looking to install a manual fan switch in my second gen fz1. Ive searched high and low for the location of the coolant temp sensor and I cant find it anywhere. Even the service manual doesnt tell me where it is. Also for some reason its impossible to find a simple wiring diagram to install a switch? I did it before on an old yzf600 8 or 9 years ago but I cant remember how I did it. I think I just got a on off switch, stripped some of each of the wires for the coolant temp sensor and wired it up. I never used a fuse or relay and it was fine for the 3 years i owned it. Every post I see about coolant temp people say the same thing, "the bike is supposed to run that way" or "get the vcyclenut tune so the fans come on eariler". I have the flash and the bike is not overheating. It just gets hot af in traffic in the summer here and i would like to be able to turn the fan on while im sitting there. If anyone could help me out with this that would be great.

Rather than trying to switch-jumper the temperature sensor, you would be better served to switch-jumper the Red and Brown/Green leads of the fan motor relay under the seat. Jumpering
the sensor which goes into the ECU may have some unintended side-effects. Also, jumpering the relay at the connector leaves the (2) fan fuses in line.

FZ1 Fan Relay .jpg

100% agree with Satan666.
I've wired a switch to the relay under the seat and mounted the switch in the right side pod just behind my butt.

I'll take some pics this weekend and post them early next week.
For now see attached showing where the switch is mounted on mine (you can't actually see the switch, black on black).

Cheers,
MC.

Attachments

• FZ1 Fan Switch.jpg
    FZ1 Fan Switch.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 2
Back