GIpro X-type gear indicator custom install....

Looks good mate. Are you going into business doing every one else's now? If you fit a Speedo DR or other Speedo corrector, you need to reset the gear pos' indicator as it works its position out by the relationship of crank to counter-shaft speeds. How did your crimpers go?

Looks good mate. Are you going into business doing every one else's now? If you fit a Speedo DR or other Speedo corrector, you need to reset the gear pos' indicator as it works its position out by the relationship of crank to counter-shaft speeds. How did your crimpers go?

Thanks.
Ah no, I couldn't afford the liability if I stuff someone else's instrument cluster up.
Ah the crimpers weren't too bad, although the wire size was very small, so I had to double over a few wires to fill the crimp so it wouldn't slip out.
A 20 gauge or larger wire size would have made it easier.

Every time I see this thread I want to install one. After spending a few days test riding bikes that have them fitted from the factory I really do miss it on the FZ1...maybe one of these days when I get some time I'll go for it :)

@scottyd @Blanchy
I know this thread is old, but can you remember/advise what size the remote monitor is?
Healtech are advising their monitor is H: 17.5 mm x W: 12.4 mm x D: 8.0 mm.

Does this sound similar to what you both worked with?
Cheers
Andy

@scottyd @Blanchy
I know this thread is old, but can you remember/advise what size the remote monitor is?

Cheers
Andy
I emailed them, Norbert?
@scottyd @Blanchy

Cheers
Andy
Sounds about right from memory. Make sure you get plenty of cable between the controller and the display. Are you talking to Norbert at Healtech?

Sounds about right from memory. Make sure you get plenty of cable between the controller and the display. Are you talking to Norbert at Healtech?
Hey Blanchy, my email was to general sales account, so the respondent was able to source the remote unit for me, with 700mm round cable between displays.
That was the measurements she provided, so was curious if the unit would match your installation.
After a long hiatus, I have sourced a 2010 white/blue FZ, so keen to add this mod, along with all the other parts I kept.
Cheers

Hey Blanchy, my email was to general sales account, so the respondent was able to source the remote unit for me, with 700mm round cable between displays.
That was the measurements she provided, so was curious if the unit would match your installation.
After a long hiatus, I have sourced a 2010 white/blue FZ, so keen to add this mod, along with all the other parts I kept.
Cheers
Yep sounds about right, You got an N or an S model? The length just gets the controller box under the tank (just) on an N not too fussed on an S as you can hide it in the fairing. Also I ended up using some opaque plastic off a cheap Coles (Supermarket) document folder between the unit and the facia to stop reflection. An improvement over non reflective sticky tape. As you are Aus Andy, where are you?

Yep sounds about right, You got an N or an S model? The length just gets the controller box under the tank (just) on an N not too fussed on an S as you can hide it in the fairing. Also I ended up using some opaque plastic off a cheap Coles (Supermarket) document folder between the unit and the facia to stop reflection. An improvement over non reflective sticky tape. As you are Aus Andy, where are you?
I've got an S, so I thought I'd be right with 700mm.
How bad was the reflection?
I've paid for the unit, so hopefully not long to arrive.
I'm in Geelong, Victoria.

Bad enough that it needs taming, Long way from me then, I'm up North of Sydney. Got a good price I hope?
Aus $ ain't good against the US atm, plus postage is seriously expensive now, over 200.
I'm thinking of heading up your way once the restrictions open the border. Will be on the Tiger 800 though...love my cruise control.

Back