Girly Ride

Ally House

Every year, a bunch of us get together for Girly Ride...usually in California. Our trip this year had 26 of us on everything from a Harley Heritage to a Suzuki Gladius; a Honda Goldwing to a BMW FGS 650; a Can Am Spyder to a GXR600; a Kawasaki ZRX 1100 to a Yamaha FJR; a Harley Sportster to a BMW RT1100; and two FZ's: a FZ6 and my FZ1. And I am missing a bunch of them. We met in Weaverville, CA and rode to Crescent City CA by a couple of different roads. Some took Cecilville/Soams Bar to Hwy 96 and others took Scott River Rd. to 96. We all took Indian Creek Rd. from Happy Camp to O'Brien, then US 199 (the Redwood Hwy) to Crescent City.

Just a few road pics:

GirlyRide427.jpg

GirlyRide211.jpg

GirlyRide196.jpg

GirlyRide164.jpg

I will have to add more later. The next part of the trip included south on US 101, Avenue of the Giants, and some folks went on Mattole Rd. We ended up in Shelter Cove for our evening's relaxation.

Wow. I miss the Douglas Fir trees. Those things are monsters and very beautiful. Is the Indian Creek Cafe still in Happy Camp? They had great milk shakes!

It sounds like you may have had just about every type of motorcycle in your group, except maybe a super moto and full on dual sport. How does the Can Am Spyder do with the group? I've never ridden or ridden with one.

Thanks for the pictures. Hope you had a great time.

Lets see...
Thanks for all the feedback, those were some awesome roads. No milkshakes, we went to a pizza place. I did not ride Mattole Rd. (rode it on a cruiser a few years back and opted out this time). The Can Am did just fine. Its rider (Tyler Risk) had a Godawful crash 3 years ago (riding her FZ1, I believe) and the Spyder is how she's able to ride these days.

And yes, fun was had by all. Check out the good photos at:

2012 Pashnit Girly Ride Photo Thread...hide your children... - Pashnit Motorcycle Forum

and

7/12/12 Pashnit Girly Ride RR - Pashnit Motorcycle Forum

I wondered if that was Tyler when I saw it was a red Can Am. She is a well known member on the FJR forum. I remember her crash well (NEVER try to go right around a semi at a stop light) but she's back to riding her Spyder- truly an amazing woman. I'll see her in Eureka early next month for a FJR gathering.
Thanks for the pics!

Lets see...
Thanks for all the feedback, those were some awesome roads. No milkshakes, we went to a pizza place. I did not ride Mattole Rd. (rode it on a cruiser a few years back and opted out this time). The Can Am did just fine. Its rider (Tyler Risk) had a Godawful crash 3 years ago (riding her FZ1, I believe) and the Spyder is how she's able to ride these days.

And yes, fun was had by all. Check out the good photos at:

2012 Pashnit Girly Ride Photo Thread...hide your children... - Pashnit Motorcycle Forum

and

7/12/12 Pashnit Girly Ride RR - Pashnit Motorcycle Forum

There were a lot of great photos in those threads!. I laughed when I realized that the one woman was pouring beer off the upper balcony into the other woman's mouth on the floor below! I'll bet it was coming out her nose the way it would foam up. Too funny!

There were a lot of great photos in those threads!. I laughed when I realized that the one woman was pouring beer off the upper balcony into the other woman's mouth on the floor below! I'll bet it was coming out her nose the way it would foam up. Too funny!

And I'll bet it surprises you that it was MY balcony...the upper one, that is!

Wow! That Girlie ride had some of the best photos and scenic pictures that I have ever seen on a motorcycle thread! You gals must have had such an excellent time!
That slow ride up the west coast of Northern California - with lots of photos stops (and others) was so excellent - for us viewers of it - all through the photos.
Thanks, so much, for helping to take us along - to such fabulous scenery and great times!!

Looks like y'all had a great time! And those photos!

I noticed GearChic in the mix. Is she the same GearChic that does the segment on "The Pace Motorcycle Podcast"?

Looks like y'all had a great time! And those photos!

I noticed GearChic in the mix. Is she the same GearChic that does the segment on "The Pace Motorcycle Podcast"?

I don't know; I suspect that it is. She was in the "fast" group and I was in the "rebel" group and I never got much of a chance to talk to her. She did have cool gear, though...

Back