Givi Question

Ok, I'm getting ready to go with the Givi V35 bag set. And was wondering what the largest tail bag you guys had experience with on this set up. I wasn't going to go with a tail bag at all. But am beginning to reconsider this option. Any insight would be appreciated. Are there any down sides to the PLXR mounts. The bags and mounts wil more than likely stay on most of the time. I simp;y like the idea that they are quick detach.

I have the V35 bags on the SWMotech quick release mount along with a E460 top box. I would like the largest top-box which I believe is a 50L trunk. My luggage stays mostly empty and is used to store my gear while at work as I work at customer sites. When my wife rides with me, it nice to have more space to put things. I also have a small top-box that I use for more sporting rides that may require the adition or removal a layer of gear. A jacket liner, tire plug kit and emergency kit doesn't weigh much.

FYI, should you damage 1 V35 side case, Givi will only sell you the parts to fix it. If you need another case like I did, be prepared to buy a complete set. That sucked!

I have the PLXR mounts and personally I don't see any disadvantages over the fixed mounts (I think they were slightly more expensive). I like the ability of removing them in a matter of seconds. As for the rear top case loosenut gave you the answer...

Back