Gloves choices - I know right ?

silentcropduster

I've been riding for 5 years, on my 3rd bike. The one piece of equipment i struggle with is gloves!

I've owned one pair of gloves - Aplinestars SMX-2. They are shot.

I've been to a few places to try on many different types of gloves.

I want something thats a as "safe as possible" if I go down, yet has good dexterity. Which yes I know can sometimes be polar opposites.

I was thinking of a leather or mostly leather short glove or gauntlet glove - bec I do plan to go to the track.

I wanted to spend under $100.

What does everyone else wear for gloves on their FZ1?

Any serious input is highly appreciated, no flaming allowed:surrender:

I have been through many makes and models of riding gloves and it took me a lot of trial and error before I found the brand that works for me. I now wear Five Advanced Gloves exclusively. I have two pairs; one very thickly insulated & waterproof for winter riding and one that is just lined with a waterproof membrane for the rest of the time. They both have carbon knuckle, finger and palm guards as well as 'Superfabric' abrasion sections.

I cant find a Gauntlet glove with good enough dexterity for me to save my life... So far, my AGV Laguna gauntlets are the best I've owned... but 99% of the time I use my FOX Bomber short cuff glove. They are technically a MX glove but the have armored knuckles and padded palms. Doubt if i'd use them on a track but for street they are by far the best thing 'since sliced bread'.

after doing a ton of research on it, either Held or Dainese brand gloves are what I'm shooting to get, but they are about 40-50 above my price range, ill deal with it.

Ive had a set of Held Gauntlet gloves for three years and they are still in great shape . They are the toughest gloves ive ever had well worth the extra $$$.

I ran through 3 pairs of AlpineStar gloves in about 6 years of riding, and they all failed at a similar spot - near the base of the thumb. I have had great success with their boots (I have two pairs) but I'm done with their gloves.

Now I'm riding with a pair of Dainese 4 Stroke gloves. You MIGHT be able to find a pair still out there in your size - Cycle Gear had them on clearance recently for about $120. They were replaced by the 4 Stroke EVO - $190 on Revzilla.

Anyway, I love the gloves, and for now at least, Dainese is my brand for gloves.

I'm currently wearing sp8 alpinestars very comfy though summer to autumn i am still wearing mine in winter rain and cold with heated grips I love em.

If you can find a pair of Icon Overlord gloves; you will be impressed with how soft they are and they allow awesome dexterity. They are well made and have a thin kangaroo skin palm. They are pretty much sold out in the US but I think FC Moto in Germany still have them.

Sent from my Nexus 5

For summer I have a pair of yellow leather rigger gloves and winter some no name gauntlets but will be looking at replacing them soon as after numerous years they have worn, be it only in one spot

Last edited:
Back