Glow in the dark (photoluminescent) vinyl

Whilst buying some more carbon fibre vinyl for my swing arm decals i cam across this.

Glow in the dark (photoluminescent) vinyl

Looks white with a tint of green in daylight conditions, and glows at night. The vinyl absorbes natural light during the day and discarges at night by producing a glow

Was wondering if there would be any interest in this, for swing arm decals, might even have a go at making wheel stripes as well or really anything you guys want.

Let me know what you think and if i get enough interest ill buy a couple of meteres and see what its like

Boy, you'v got something there.... but theres just nowhere to put it...... mabe the swingarms in a decal like a Dunlop or Pirelli type sticker or something, but ultimatly it would look too tacky if used in too many places. I'v seen decals for the front of the FZ's and other sport bikes that followed around and under the twin lights in sort of a 'tribal' motif, other than that, mabe tire stripes might work. Dont'cha hate it when you find something so cool and can find no use for it....! Mabe replacement stickers for the front farring where it has the 'FZ1'.....?

My company sells this material, and integrates into our products too. The tech is very cool, and the stuff does glow, but it's not extremely bright if there are light sources around. It's designed for being luminous in total or almost total darkness... I have some and will try on my bike and see how it looks at night.

It's also available in paint.

There is a helmet manufacturer using the paint on a helmet, as accents - it does stand out from just white paint. It could be a pretty cool-looking mod...

By the way - it's made of Strontium Aluminate Crystals - they never age, and never lose the ability to take a charge.

I know this would be excellent as one of those safety things, especially when traveling in some far away places at night, but I like traveling in stealth mode. You don't need to call attention to yourself when you're doing something a little less than legal. Not that I would ever do such a thing.:laugh2:

Back