Go Pro Ram Tough Claw Mount

Video test

[video=youtube;_HEUpmx7J_I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HEUpmx7J_I&list=UURQ_SJd_yIHl-omeno392ew[/video]

Mounted here.

I had the clamps really tight and suspect that loosening them may have dampened some of the high frequency vibration.

Do you thing the clamp will support longer arms?

Absolutely, and it will fit on the handlebars as well. I shot some footage from today's ride on very rough roads with it clamped to the left side of the bars. It worked surprisingly well with the upper clamp a bit looser.

I would not use a longer arm, I have the 6" arm and the vibration make it in mot cases unusable (at least if you use HD). I must say that the yello in the video is for my taste to pronounced but I am not sure to what extend the compression of you tube is responsible for this.
The clamp is a great and flexible way to mount, I use a selfmade to attach to my windsurfing board and used some rubber mat to dampen vibrations to almost zero. However similar damping tests with the long ram mount arm were unsuccessful. I will try the short arm since in you case the vibrations seem fine.

I would not use a longer arm, I have the 6" arm and the vibration make it in mot cases unusable (at least if you use HD). I must say that the yello in the video is for my taste to pronounced but I am not sure to what extend the compression of you tube is responsible for this.
The clamp is a great and flexible way to mount, I use a selfmade to attach to my windsurfing board and used some rubber mat to dampen vibrations to almost zero. However similar damping tests with the long ram mount arm were unsuccessful. I will try the short arm since in you case the vibrations seem fine.

Back