Great Weather For This Sunday!

Just letting all you tri-state riders that me and CanonFuji will be up at Bear Mountain this Sunday with video cameras blazing. I am picking up some commercial 3M tape to try my new mounting location for this new video. Ray says that he had sparks finally coming off his footpegs a few days ago, and me, being the skeptic, have to get that on video! So if anyone will be in the area and wants to meet up, just let me know.

Wish I could join you guys, but I already have plans. I did do a little bit of riding this morning up in Sussex County, NJ. Traffic was a little heavy, but did manage to find some nice curvy back roads :D

Make sure you post up some videos from tomorrow's ride. Have fun and be safe :tup:

Wish I could join you guys, but I already have plans. I did do a little bit of riding this morning up in Sussex County, NJ. Traffic was a little heavy, but did manage to find some nice curvy back roads :D

Make sure you post up some videos from tomorrow's ride. Have fun and be safe :tup:

Aw, thats too bad. I know that I announced it a bit late but I wanted to be sure first. I'll be leaving a little bit later since Ray is heading down to Manhattan to B&H Camera to pick up a new case for his GoPro and also a bag of new mounts for mine. I would have gone down too, but he knows how I feel about bringing my bike to the city, not gonna happen. I love my suspension and don't have money to replace anything right now. I'm sure you've been to the city so I don't have to tell you about it. He talked me into it once before and thats all it took. I apologized to my baby for a half hour after I got home and promised her never again.

So hopefully with the new mounts I'll have some really great videos from the ride. Maybe we'll see you next week. Just keep in mind that we'll be there most of the day. I'll PM you my cell number just in case you ever need to get in touch when I'm up on the mountain. Have a nice weekend Tony.

Well, I'm back home after our ride today. I have some video for you guys but my Nero Editing Program is being temperamental. In any case these pics will tell the whole story.................

My day went from this:
NVE00001.png

And the next second, to this:
NVE00003.png

Enough said for now. A picture says a thousand words!

Here's another, compliments of CanonFuji.... I'm still disgusted with myself for being such an idiot. You would think at my age I would know better! I have no excuses for this one. With 47 years without even being pulled over by a cop, and having a perfect driving record, this one really hurts.

Oops.jpg

Don't ever put yourself in this position, it's not fun. I was embarrassed yet all the riders passing thought it was cool. I for one, didn't. I won't even tell you how fast I was going. I will say that I hope I have a Judge thats in a merciful mood when I go.

Oh man that totally sucks! I got pulled over on Saturday as well for riding the shoulder like 30 feet trying to get to the front of the line at a red light. There were a bunch of twisties coming up and I didn't want to be stuck behind all the cars. Normally I wouldn't have done something like that. Didn't see the cop in the unmarked car. Luckily he was a fellow rider and just let me off with a warning once he checked out my paperwork. I was on good behavior the rest of the day to say the least.

Damn Billy! That sucks!

And I was just about to ask you to lead a group ride for next year, combo FZ6/FZ1 meet for Bear Mtn, Harriman and Catskills. Now you go and turn hooligan on me! ;)

I'm glad there were no LEOs today when my wife and I were coming back from VT. We really pushed it for quite a stretch and if we'd both been caught, that's two from the same wallet!

LOL IT WAS WORTH GETTING THE TICKET TO SEE THE LOOK ON YOUR FACE.
NOW YOU ARE A HOOLIGAN, WELCOME TO RIDING SPORTS BIKE ON THE STREETS BILLY BOY. LMAO.:doh2:

Last edited by a moderator:
just another reminder to keep things in check until I'm endorsed.....sorry about your misfortune, I probably got nailed by one of the photocops this past week and will await my bundle of joy to arrive in the mail.....but I was in the cage...

Although I appreciate all the kind words, I'm still pretty pissed off at myself this morning. I'll be mailing in my "Not Guilty" plea in the mail today in order to await a hearing. I will then rest on my spotless record and 30 years + of incident free driving and hope for the best. I know I'll be hit with something, I am just hoping to lessen the blow.

at least here in NM -- anything 10 and under -- pay the fine but your insurance does not get to find out about it.....so in the cage 9+ over posted is all I usually go -- I don't have the luxury of hitting much open road lately on the scoot so it has kept me in check.....

still sucks!

Adam

I haven't been on the site for a few days
Ouch! That sucks Billy.
I'm sure it was one of those 40mph zones that you always wonder why it's not at least 55. So 75 didn't feel much like hooliganism at all, right?

Yeah, you definetly have time on your side, as well as an impeccable driving record. Also keep this in mind...... Most of the radar guns that cops use cannot get a good lock on a sportbike, so your disptuting of the posted speed may work out. Also....."ALWAYS' ask the officer to show you his radar gun speed and dispute the ticket there. In other words if you know he's gonna write you a ticket, then ask...." I'd would like to see the radar reading for I don't think it's possible I was going that fast." Be nice about it, obviously. But you are allowed to ask. It's gotten a few tickets reduced on the spot for me. I was in a car however, but that shouldn't matter.

Last edited:
Yeah, you definetly have time on your side, as well as an impeccable driving record. Also keep this in mind...... Most of the radar guns that cops use cannot get a good lock on a sportbike, so your disptuting of the posted speed may work out. Also.....\"ALWAYS' ask the officer to show you his radar gun speed and dispute the ticket there. In other words if you know he's gonna write you a ticket, then ask....\" I'd would like to see the radar reading for I don't think it's possible I was going that fast.\" Be nice about it, obviously. But you are allowed to ask. It's gotten a few tickets reduced on the spot for me. I was in a car however, but that shouldn't matter.

Thanks Doc, I sent in the "not guilty" plea in yesterday. The officer never showed me his radar readout plus they must have some new radar because he was traveling up the mountain and was heading down, both of us moving at speed. How does the radar figure out my speed while his car is moving. He wasn't parked or anything. Well, I guess I'll find out sometime soon.

Back