Greenwood Lake Ride Tomorrow

I'll be leaving for Bear Mountain about 9:30am. Should be there by 10:15 / 10:30am tomorrow morning. I'll be meeting Tony (NJFZ1) at the peak and then we are heading over to Greenwood Lake via Seven Lakes Drive and 17A to grab a bite to eat. Anyone interested in riding along, just drop us a message on this thread and we'll wait for you. It looks like it's going to be a great day to ride.

Had a great ride today with Tony. Thanks for coming along. In addition to a great ride, I checked my EXUP Valve this morning and it was way out of alignment. I adjusted it back to factory specs and WOW, the low end power really woke up on the bike. The adjustment made a HUGE difference in both low end power and smoothness off the line. I'm going to remove it this weekend and clean and regrease the valve to make sure it's working right.

I had a great time myself. Too bad we couldn't get any others to join us. Was a perfect day for riding. Started out a little on the chilly side, but warmed up nicely. I even went out later in the day for a spin on the YZF1000. Had to give it a little exercise :D

IMG_0952.jpg

I'll be leaving for Bear Mountain about 9:30am. Should be there by 10:15 / 10:30am tomorrow morning. I'll be meeting Tony (NJFZ1) at the peak and then we are heading over to Greenwood Lake via Seven Lakes Drive and 17A to grab a bite to eat. Anyone interested in riding along, just drop us a message on this thread and we'll wait for you. It looks like it's going to be a great day to ride.

I know Bear Mountain well. My brother went to West Point and I lived an hour south in Fairfield County, CT. We took lots of trips over Bear Mountain. Beautiful area.

I had a great time myself. Too bad we couldn't get any others to join us. Was a perfect day for riding. Started out a little on the chilly side, but warmed up nicely. I even went out later in the day for a spin on the YZF1000. Had to give it a little exercise :D

IMG_0952.jpg

Boy Tony, that YZF cleaned up real nice for sure. It looks totally opposite of what it looked like when I rode it home.

I know Bear Mountain well. My brother went to West Point and I lived an hour south in Fairfield County, CT. We took lots of trips over Bear Mountain. Beautiful area.

Well if you ever come out to visit this area again let us know...Some good riding roads that's for sure.

Boy Tony, that YZF cleaned up real nice for sure. It looks totally opposite of what it looked like when I rode it home.

Yea, it doesn't look all that bad in the pictures, but it still needs work. Yesterday evening I took all the fairings off to give it a good cleaning. That will be my winter project this year :D

Do you have water available to you in the Storage Unit or do have to bring all the parts back with you?

No water there, but the only thing I need water for is the engine and frame. I will just ride the bike over to the water hose. It's only like 3 blocks away. I plan to do that next Sunday since I'll be on call for work and can't really go riding anyway. As for the fairings, they just need a good cleaning and waxing. Some of the other parts will need a little cleaning with like a Scotchbrite pad and maybe a little paint.

Back